Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Raleigh, NC, gay bar suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2005, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, US Silver, Hilton Diamond

Will be visiting family in Raleigh this weekend and am looking to find out if there are any cool gay bars in the area. I'm mid-thirties and will probably be hanging out one night with a female friend while I'm there.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Legends on West Hargett is hard to beat in Raleigh.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 8:31 pm

that is about it

Originally Posted by kudzu
Legends on West Hargett is hard to beat in Raleigh.
Legends on W Hargett or across the street at CC's.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 10:53 am

He said cool. Answer: no.
Old Dec 25, 2005, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, AA Lifetime Plat, SPG Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Plat
Club scene isnt great, but I think Legends would be the best. Not promising you'll find too many hotties there, but it can be a fun place to dance, etc. Big age range there, from the 18yo newbies to the 60yo granddaddys (who just always seem to love me !?!?!) Have fun!
Old Dec 29, 2005, 8:48 am

From someone who's been to most of the nation's biggest gay bars and clubs, Legends is well above average. It attracts a lot of dudes from Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, and even the Triad. The club has a dance floor, video bar, outside patio and traditional bar. On weekend, the place is "legendary". It is by far the best bar in our country's tenth most populous state.
Old Dec 31, 2005, 1:14 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
And usually a few from Fort Bragg too, though they aren't always too open about it for obvious reasons. While I haven't been out in a while, Legends usually seems to be the younger crowd (by age or just at heart) and CC's less of the raver-kid crowd. That's changed a little with the new wing that opened at Legends, but I don't really know how much.

uncguy85: You're not the only one. I stuck with my friends when I went out and ultimately just decided it wasn't entertaining enough or worth the trouble. Plus, doing the laundry and airing out from the smoke just became a little much for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.