Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Everything I Needed to Know in Kindergarten, I Learned at the Palm Springs Gayla II!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Everything I Needed to Know in Kindergarten, I Learned at the Palm Springs Gayla II!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2005, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by GoodKarmaGuy
Well, it will NOT runover Mardi Gras in SYD, at least. (I figured that we should set up an Away-from-Mardi-Gras date while you boys are still young enough to get over the jet-lag. )

If it does coincide with the White Party, I think we will be OK. I will reserve a block of rooms at The Villa just in case. And the town will be filled with party boys, which can be midly irritating or mildy amusing, depending on your take of things.
HA HA good thinking. You know Foady and I will just move the party a few 1000 miles. Doesn't make any difference to us.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by StSebastian
We forgot something you need when you get home so that you can function in society, thus the reason for requesting that it be overnighted. Make up whatever you want from that...I'm sure some of you can come up with better stories than the reality.

According to this year's calendar:

http://www.planetout.com/travel/cale...ml?sernum=1848

the White Party is this weekend. Looking back into the past, it's not always been the last weekend in March, so I'm not sure. It looks like it piggybacks with Easter weekend, so in 2006 the White Party would be mid-April.
You are wise young man... The White Party in PSP is always easter weekend, and the national Log Cabin Convention usually falls the following week, rotating left-coast/east-coast.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
Originally Posted by boifromtroy
....and the national Log Cabin Convention usually falls the following week, rotating left-coast/east-coast.
Oh my.

You folks leave boifromtroy alone on this one.

I have met him and he means well and has adorable friends. Besides, SOMEONE has to fly WN! May as well be the Republicans.

p.s. Yes, I knew the White Party is on Easter Weekend. By the time Easter coincides our a future Gayla WE will be the reputed Hot Party in town.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:31 pm

Why is always a white party? I swear I'm feeling left out. I want a black party. I mean everyone always looks good in all black. It would be so much better than everyone wearing white. And no before you say it I don't mean a blackout party or a anything to do with a dark room
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Premier
Originally Posted by umguy
Why is always a white party? I swear I'm feeling left out. I want a black party.
You missed it... it was 2 weekends ago in NYC.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

There's always Black & Blue in October.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Foady
You missed it... it was 2 weekends ago in NYC.

Um just because you hang out at Manacle until all hours of the day, you might have been into going to that party in NY. Not me James and the Giant peach. Your on your own.

Yeah Izzik, not found of cold places. I want a Black Party somewhere warm and everyone wear black. It would be FAB. Where's Ryan to weigh in on this when you need him.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:16 am

Um just because you hang out at Manacle until all hours of the day, you might have been into going to that party in NY. Not me James and the Giant peach. Your on your own.

Yeah Izzik, not found of cold places. I want a Black Party somewhere warm and everyone wear black. It would be FAB. Where's Ryan to weigh in on this when you need him.
Sounds like a funeral in Miami.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:26 am

Hmm... from what I heard, the Black Party (and other related events) was quite fun. And supposedly, the DJs were something fierce...

Oh, and Manacle... you *highly* suggested that I go give a whirl after you were there less than a week prior. Pot calling the kettle black.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:37 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Thumbs up Pink is the new Black.

You rang, sir? See, my friend, you ask for my opinion and here it is:

I personally ask myself, why does it have to be all racial? White, black...sheesh. My vote for a fabulously-colored party would be a PINK party!! ^ ^ And, no, this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my wardrobe would very easily support such a theme!
Old Apr 1, 2005, 9:52 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Hmm... from what I heard, the Black Party (and other related events) was quite fun. And supposedly, the DJs were something fierce...
I wish I could personally report on the quality of the DJs, but I was in SFO that weekend...and many of my friends from Boston/NH had come down to NY that weekend too! *sigh*

Does anyone know who the DJs were?
Oh, and Manacle... you *highly* suggested that I go give a whirl after you were there less than a week prior. Pot calling the kettle black.
Oh, honey, don't pay Miss Whitney no mind. Spread your wings and prepare to fly....
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by RChavez
I wish I could personally report on the quality of the DJs, but I was in SFO that weekend...and many of my friends from Boston/NH had come down to NY that weekend too! *sigh*

Does anyone know who the DJs were?

Oh, honey, don't pay Miss Whitney no mind. Spread your wings and prepare to fly....
You mean prepare to smile Maybe next year in PSP we can host a party. Between us 3 we do have a mini United Nations. We can call it the "We Are The World Party." But everyone is wearing black. Sorry white shows dirt, and plus it washes people out. Black is great, black is beautiful . Sorry for Hijacking the thread back to the topic at hand.

PSP-2006 Let's start getting the groups together for golf now .
Old Apr 1, 2005, 12:29 pm

A mini United Nations or a mini Benetton ad?
Old Apr 1, 2005, 3:44 pm

Miss Whitney here don't do no Benetton. Only Prada here Oh wait i'm too big boned for that.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 5:42 am

But everyone is wearing black. Sorry white shows dirt, and plus it washes people out. Black is great, black is beautiful .
Sweetie... how many times have we told you that you get lost in black! We just can't see you in dimly-lighted, um, areas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.