Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2005, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum
First of all your going to Paradise on Earth...you will love it..

To answer you questions:

If I fly from San Jose to Quepos, will I be able to get around well enough without a rental car or would it be worth it to rent one?

Do not rent a car, take cabs and busses, the roads are a nightmare, don't add stress to your vacation.

Also, my flight from SJU would be at 8am on the 5th. If I take the first AM flight from Quepos, it would get me to SJU an hour before my flight back to US, would that be enough time to connect, or am I better spending the night of the 4th back in San Jose?.

I don't recommend this. 2-3 hours maybe, not an hour.

If that is the case, any recomendations on where I can stay near the airport at SJU?.

Don't stay near the airport, stay in town, my friend stays at the Marriot all the time for work, but I can also recommend Kekoldi and i've heard colours resort is nice as well. You are only talking $15 to take a cab to the airport, so i'd stay in town. Let me know which night you'd be spending there and i can tell you where to go clubbing.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 10:11 am

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
Thanks Catwood, after reading more posts I found, I realized that it would be too tight a connection, so I will head back on the 4th. Just wish I could have an extra day there. Thanks for the advice!

Originally Posted by catwood
First of all your going to Paradise on Earth...you will love it..

To answer you questions:

If I fly from San Jose to Quepos, will I be able to get around well enough without a rental car or would it be worth it to rent one?

Do not rent a car, take cabs and busses, the roads are a nightmare, don't add stress to your vacation.

Also, my flight from SJU would be at 8am on the 5th. If I take the first AM flight from Quepos, it would get me to SJU an hour before my flight back to US, would that be enough time to connect, or am I better spending the night of the 4th back in San Jose?.

I don't recommend this. 2-3 hours maybe, not an hour.

If that is the case, any recomendations on where I can stay near the airport at SJU?.

Don't stay near the airport, stay in town, my friend stays at the Marriot all the time for work, but I can also recommend Kekoldi and i've heard colours resort is nice as well. You are only talking $15 to take a cab to the airport, so i'd stay in town. Let me know which night you'd be spending there and i can tell you where to go clubbing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.