Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires - MERGED THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buenos Aires - MERGED THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2005, 1:05 pm

thanks for all the suggestions, thanks jasondc thats a good list i'll def. take some of the recommendations ^
Old May 5, 2005, 1:24 pm

happy to help

these were recommendations i gave to afellow 25 year old (i''m 25) and he had a great time - stayed in the Como en Casa place and liked it b/c it put him right in the heart of the action... feel free to e-mail if you have more questions and have a great time! it's the best city

Originally Posted by soccerboi25
thanks for all the suggestions, thanks jasondc thats a good list i'll def. take some of the recommendations ^
Old May 5, 2005, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FlyBalletGuy
I'm older than you guys, but if it's any help, here's my travelogue of my trip this month.

http://www.leighwitchel.com/blog/arc...res/index.html
I am not headed to Buenos Aires until November, but I have started reading this trip report blog which is really terrific, both in information and in style. Thanks for sharing this!
Old Nov 27, 2005, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Star Gold (lifetime)
Night Life EZE

This week will be my 3rd trip to Bs As (I love this place). Just wondering if anyone one knows what the in clubs are this year and the best nights to go. I heard Palacio has moved and there is new club in its place. Any specific tips would be very apprecated. Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2005, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1P
One would think I'd know more about clubs in EZE but, alas, my partner and I think a wild Friday night involves a scoop of regular in with the decaf.

Amerika remains one of the most popular clubs in Buenos Aires. It tends to attract the younger crowd. Contramano, located in Barrio Norte, attracts the 30s crowd. Your best best to get the latest list of all the bars is to stop at any kiosco de revistas (magazine stand) located along Santa Fe in Palermo or Barrio Norte and to ask for a copy of La Otra Guia. It's a pamphlet that sells for either 1 or 3 pesos (I can't recall) and is put out monthly. It lists all the clubs, their locations, and provides some good advice about places to go. While at the kiosco de revistas also ask for a copy of Imperio, the local gay magazine. It, too, has a list of bars and clubs. Remember that these usually can only be purchased in the gay-friendly neighborhoods, so you're probably not going to find them in other areas of town. The only other place I've seen them is along Florida downtown.

I'm jealous that you're headed to EZE this week! I wish I was! I have to wait until Christmas. Stupid job!
Old Jan 9, 2006, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA, BA, Starwood
Buenos Aires- Any updates

A lot of great information already posted in earlier posts; but wondered if recent visitors had any updates on Buenos Aires.
We'll be visiting from the 14th-21st of January.
Thanks
Old Jan 9, 2006, 8:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Updates on what?
Old Jan 10, 2006, 8:07 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Things I learned from my first trip to Buenos Aires last month:

1. Everything you have heard about beef in Argentina is true. It is virtually impossible to have a bad meal if you are having beef. Pick a restaurant...any restaurant.

2. The big gay club on Saturday night was Amerika. The music was a little harder than I am used to but it is still a great room.

3. Not nearly as many people speak english as I had been told. I speak virtually no spanish. However, just like most other places, a smile, an attempt at spanish, and a little humility will get you almost everything you need.

4. The Holiday Inn Express Puerto Madero (yes, Holiday Inn Express) isn't exactly at Puerto Madero but I'm not sure where else you could say that it is near. It must be, however, the best Holiday Inn Express in the I-C Hotels stable. Two story marble lobby, granite bathrooms in the rooms, etc. I suspect that the only thing preventing it from being a Crowne Plaza are the sizes of the hallways and the lack of conference rooms. It was spotless. The Sheraton is two blocks away, but why bother with that?

5. On Sunday evening, I stumbled into Pallacio. It is literally 1 block from the InterContinental and if you are looking for a euphoric Sunday Tea Dance, this is the place.

6. Your departure tax is not included in your ticket. You must pay it post-check in and pre-security at the airport. US dollars are also accepted.

7. Did I mention that the beef is really good?
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:27 pm

Take a look at my previous posts. I am regularly in Buenos Aires and everything I've suggested there remains true today.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
when i was there in march Amerika was closed, i guess that isn't true anymore.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 1:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Nope, it was open in September.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 5:03 pm

and open on Dec 10
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:48 pm

I can confirm that Amerika has re-opened. My partner's hag works there.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by TakeMeToEZE
I can confirm that Amerika has re-opened. My partner's hag works there.
I left some demo CDs there....can your partner's hag help turn that into a guest booking?
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by ecaarch
I left some demo CDs there....can your partner's hag help turn that into a guest booking?
Mayyyyyyybe... what's in it for me???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.