P-Town

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2002, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
How do you get from PVC to town?

Chris
Old Mar 27, 2002, 3:16 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
A cab. It is, if I recall, about $10-15, if that. No need for a car, unless you are going futher afield when there. Rent a bike on arrival at your hotel/guest house.
Old Mar 27, 2002, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
The taxi fare from the airport into town and v.v. is $5 per passenger (not per taxi). Taxis are communal in Provincetown.

I suppose a bicycle would work without luggage. The dunes bike path is right at the entrance drive to the airport. A bit round-about, however. You will end up in the Herring Cove parking lot down at the far West End.
Old Mar 27, 2002, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Anyone have a "Cape Air" trip report? I'd certainly be interested.

This topic has really given me some great ideas and I will probably fly to Ptown. LHR will you be there around the 4th?

Chris
Old Mar 28, 2002, 5:02 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
No. We're going in August for Carnival
Old Apr 18, 2002, 8:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
I wanted to bump this back up to the top b/c it looks like I might be going to P-town after all for the 4th. Can anyone recommend a good realtor for Ptown/North Truro area? There's a group of about 8-10 of us coming from BOS, and we're looking for a house rental for the week (hopefully even with a pool! ).

It's our preference to actually stay in North Truro instead of P-town. If anyone can offer advice on a realtor, or if you have stayed in a particularly nice property before and would like to share your experience, I'd appreciate it!

Ryan

[This message has been edited by RChavez (edited 04-18-2002).]
Old Apr 30, 2002, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge VintageŽ) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
I saw this snippet in the NY Post today. Perhaps some suggested reading just in time for the summer holidays?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">A TELL-ALL book about hard-partying Provincetown has publisher Scribner combing the text for potential libel. Ptown: Art, Sex and Money on the Outer Cape features stories about celebrities from Norman Mailer to John Waters, and details the recent grisly murder of ex-New York writer Christa Worthington. Longtime Provincetown resident Peter Manso lifts the lid on the fishing village turned bohemian enclave and gay resort, which he says boasts "two fully equipped dungeons." The behind-the-dunes potboiler alleges that the wife of a local doctor procured psychedelic drugs for Mailer. Messy Judy Garland is recalled for her public drunkenness. And the book chronicles the gay abandon of randy playwright Tennessee Williams. Manso previously penned a shocking biography of Hollywood heavyweight Marlon Brando and a life of Mailer. "Ptown" will be published July 1.</font>
http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix.htm

Ryan: did you find any information on rental properties? I found the web site below which lists 4-5 bedroom vacation rentals by owners in Truro - might be a good way to find some leads.

http://www2.cyberRentals.com/MATRUR/TRUR4to9.html
Old Apr 30, 2002, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Great blurb. Having returned from Puerto Rico this past week I am reading to move onto planning my 4th. I can't wait to get up to Ptown during this time. I remain sirprised that the police aren't tighter there and they let a lot slide, however maybe it's just good for business.

It turns out this fare with USAIR and Cape Air at $263 from philly seems pretty fixed, I wonder how long I can wait until buying it, does anyone have any experience on these joint type fares with cape air?

Chris
Old Apr 30, 2002, 1:11 pm

The joint fares are the way to go. $263 sounds about right.

BTW, the writer of that book that talks of Christa Worthington and Norman Mailer is not highly respected in town. For example, he has threatened the Abercrombie & Fitch owners (new washashores) over planting trees in their own yard because they would "encroach" on his view.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Bumping to the top...no pun intended...it looks like I am going alone to Ptown now, due to a boy divorce. Can anyone give me the scoop on some of the other bars around town? I've only ever been to Paramount.

What's a guy all alone supposed to do? Eat all alone at Spritus pizza?

Chris

Old Jun 13, 2002, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge VintageŽ) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">What's a guy all alone supposed to do?</font>
Walk, bike, run, swim, eat, sleep, read, drink, think, talk, laugh ...

The options are limitless - have fun!
Old Jun 13, 2002, 9:31 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by catwood:
Bumping to the top...no pun intended...it looks like I am going alone to Ptown now, due to a boy divorce.

Chris

</font>
Sorry about the divorce

Old Jun 13, 2002, 11:34 am

This weekend is the Provincetown International Film Festival. Opening party tonight courtesy of Spiritus. It's a block party. I'm flying in on the 7:30 on Cape Air. Hope we see lots of visitors. Gus van Sant is our guest of honor for the weekend.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

oops not a boy divorce for me..my friend...i'm in still in search with a boy with FF Status.

Does Cape Air ever do specials?
Old Jun 18, 2002, 3:08 pm

Speaking of the Cape. Is the only thing gay on Martha's Vineyard Gay Head? I'm headed to P-town in July and some friends are going to be staying on Martha's during the same time and we are trying to decide if we want to drive down for the day or no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.