Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Advice for solo gay male on a cruise?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2023, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

I'll be on a 16-night cruise from LA to Chile in December. I'm pretty introverted but I'd still like to meet some folks on the cruise to hang out with an socialize. Any advice from experienced travelers? If it matters, I'm late 40s and gay.

Last edited by alenguy; Nov 10, 2023 at 4:58 pm
Old Nov 10, 2023, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by alenguy
I'll be on a 16-night cruise from LA to Chili in December. I'm pretty introverted but I'd still like to meet some folks on the cruise to hang out with an socialize. Any advice from experienced travelers? If it matters, I'm late 40s and gay.
ChilE is a country. Chili is an ingredient for certain foods.
Once on board, check if the cruise has a "Friends of Dorothy" group, if that's what you are asking.
Dinners at the formal dining room are the best places to socialize, IMO.
You can be upfront about your sexuality and worst that can happen is some unfortunate question but not much. Nothing that you have not dealt with in everyday life I suppose.
Or you can play it safe "Don't ask don' tell".
Old Nov 11, 2023, 11:39 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
Celebrity was voted as one of the most gay-friendly cruise lines. I found a couple of videos describing how to take advantage of what the ship has to offer. I'm assuming you're sailing on the Eclipse?

​​​​​​

This article says they host many meet-up events during the cruise with the biggest one being on the first night. The cruises I've been on usually will have get-togethers nearly every evening.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/abo...uise-vacations

I'm jealous. My advice is to be approachable. Smile and say hello a lot. Others are less likely to come over and say hello if you're sitting on the deck with earbuds on and reading a book. I've also met people by pretending I'm lost and asking guys for directions. Oftentimes they'll invite me to join them. Just saying "Hi, how is your day going?" can often start interesting conversations.

Have fun!!!

wcj1 and alenguy like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.