Search

Portugal in September!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2023, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM MM, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Portugal in September!

Hi all,

I wanted to see if anyone can provide advice on what not to miss, what to do, where to eat, etc in Portugal this September. We will be flying from Munich to Porto and then taking the bus/train to Lisbon and flying home from Lisbon. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Old Jul 25, 2023, 3:36 pm
Original Member

See if you can find Barba Rija...a fun web series from about 10 years ago about a group of bears in Lisbon---some fun atmospheric shots and a cute premise...will give you some places to stop and visit.
DLmedalliongold likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by DLmedalliongold
Hi all,

I wanted to see if anyone can provide advice on what not to miss, what to do, where to eat, etc in Portugal this September. We will be flying from Munich to Porto and then taking the bus/train to Lisbon and flying home from Lisbon. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Hard to provide advice without more details as to what you are looking for and how much time you have in each city...and also whether you plan on seeing anything beyond the cities.
We drove from Porto to the Douro Valley for a night and stayed at a beautiful vineyard that has a hotel, Quinta do Vallado. A tasting/tour is included.
In Lisbon, Belem is pretty, and a day trip to Sintra is beautiful. We had wonderful meals at Drogaria and BAHR. The city is lovely to walk around and explore.
Porto is also great for walking along both sides of the river, and also great to take a trolley or bike ride down to the ocean. There are several Port distilleries on the Gaia side of the river, which offer tours/tastings. We were underwhelmed by the classic sandwich the "Franceshina," but you may find a good one. We really liked the special hot dogs at Gazela- unlike any hot dogs we'd ever had.
Try to see a Fado concert.
DLmedalliongold likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.