Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Gay Dad Accused of Fondling Child on UA Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...ling-his-child

Luckily it seems like it wasn't TOO much drama at the airport. I was reading about a younger guy who was detained for 2 hours because he was traveling with his mix raced family and someone told the FA/police that they thought the young sister (and maybe even non-English speaking grandma) were being trafficked.

In reading I am curious if the couple is putting more of an emphasis on the gay part. Unless the FA heard him mention his husband how would they have known to single him out for being gay with children?

But, as a topic in general it is very sad. I've been at a pool party once where I've had a parent take their kid out of the pool when I was picking a few of them up in the shallow end and throwing them. I found out later in some choice comments and via others what she thought of me. Safe to say SHE and her kids were never invited by the hosts again.
I've traveled with my Sister & Nephew (2.5) recently.

Only awkward things we run into is when people think we are married and it is our kid. I just laugh it with a "Ha! I'm the uncle so I get to have all the fine teaching him how to harass his Mom."
Old Jun 1, 2017, 2:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
In reading I am curious if the couple is putting more of an emphasis on the gay part. Unless the FA heard him mention his husband how would they have known to single him out for being gay with children?...
It's an older gay guy and a mixed-race son. The flight attendant jumped to conclusions. I'm quite sure this wouldn't have happened if it was a mom with her hand on her son's lap to comfort him when he was sleeping.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I find some of the comments the father made as being over the top drama, "They don't know they are messing with" was that really needed???

The FA's are damned if they do something and damned if they didn't do anything. The FA could have handled things a little differently, maybe strike up a conversation with the dad to learn more about the dad and kid before jumping to conclusion too fast.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: VA, SQ, IHG, HH,ALL, Europcar
Well when so much of middle America is taken by Trump and follows the really sad teachings of their prejudical church's - what else can we expect. Of course the first conclusion would be pedophiles or trafficing children, and the other side wonders why we react the way we do.

I'm in my late 50's and this is getting really tiresome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.