Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Best exotic LGBT Honeymoon Destinations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR

Hi all, looking for a recommendation for an exotic LGBT honeymoon destination.

My partner and I were engaged in Koh Samui, Thailand so looking for something in that part of the world but a little different. We were initially thinking Maldives or Seychelles, but not sure either country is particularly friendly towards same-sex couples. One option we were thinking of is to do a week in Japan and then a week in Bora Bora. Japan is obviously a very different trip, but we have always wanted to visit.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 4:20 am

The last part of our honeymoon was in the Philippines. All people we met were very welcoming and being a gay couple was not an issue at all. Bali is a nice option too in order to combine cultural visits & leisure time by the beach.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Hawaii?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
We're doing our honeymoon next month at Amanoi in Vietnam.

We've been to Bali many times, so didn't want to do our honeymoon there, wanted someplace we'd never been. But if you haven't been to Bali, it would be a great honeymoon destination. No issues for LGBT visitors.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Agreed that Bali is gay-friendly. It's a good recommendation.

Why not tropical North Queensland (Australia) with some Sydney or Melbourne time attached?

Other suggestions: Mykonos/Santorini, anywhere in Spain, a high-end Mexican resort.

If I ever get married, the honeymoon will definitely include Greece
Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA .75K, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
bora bora is pretty boring, but awfully beautiful. If you are there, the Maldives, Seychelles or another remote place, you will need to be prepared to entertain yourselves - particularly once the sun sets.. Bali or Thailand would have much more to offer in terms of nightlife infrastructure
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:32 am

Having been to both Bali and Japan in the past year, I would recommend both. They are very different places though. Bali's nice as long as you choose the right area. Bear in mind parts of the island are quite the playground for Australians who can get there easily.

On balance though, I would rate Japan much higher in terms of a country to visit. It's utterly fascinating and a great country to visit. There's certainly plenty of nightlife in the major cities. If you wanted some beach time then you could always tag on Okinawa - the group of islands to the south of Japan main island.

I would have suggested tagging on a trip to Bali from Japan, but it's a long-haul flight - flight time from Tokyo to Denpasar is 7.5 hours. Depending on where you're starting from and/or whether you can build a multi-point trip easily, I'm not sure I'd go so far out of the way for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.