Wiki Posts
Search

The Shanghai Scene

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
The Shanghai Scene

Planning for my first trip to Shanghai at the end of the month (Feb 26 - Mar 1). Just a quick weekend getaway Fri night - Mon afternoon as we have a holiday here in Seoul. Going with a uni friend (a girl who's down with the bars and the gays, of course).

Where are the normal spots these days? The Internet has somewhat conflicting information (Eddy's is great! Eddy's is a dumb! Everything is closed! The scene is unstable!).

Is it true that most spots are "straight places the gays love?" My friend is not afraid of a gay bar by any means, but that's awfully convenient for the both of us, if so.

Also, here in Seoul, in the Korean gayborhood, the bars are very segmented by type and you go where you can best sell yourself haha. Is this true in Shanghai? For instance, I'm what Asians would call a bear. Not so much in the American sense, but definitely in the Asian one haha. I'm 32 and white American. Do I have to stick to bear bars to avoid that shady queen side eye?

Finally, does it make a difference if it's Friday or Saturday? I only ask because here in Seoul, it oddly does.

Thanks for your help everyone. In all reality, I'm sure I'll find a local "tour guide" on Blue or Jackd, but I like to do my research first!
Old Mar 2, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Sorry to miss this post - hope you had a good trip.

Sadly the scene in Shanghai (and the rest of China) changes week by week depending on the fickle queens. It is also too limited to offer specific scenes.

Eddy's is still there after all these years. The clubbers go to Lucca on Fri/Sat. Tip: those telephone booths on the top 6th floor are not meant for phone calls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.