Search

One day in Delhi

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
One day in Delhi

Hi Guys,
I will be in Delhi for business in April and I am staying one more day to do some sightseeing – Saturday 18th of April 2015.

I am planning to take an organized tour to do one day trip to the Taj Mahal and Red Fort.
Tour is leaving Delhi at 2am (ouch!) on Saturday and would be back in the middle of the afternoon. It seems to be better to go early!

I’m alone there and happy to take a private tour, but maybe I could find a travel buddy stuck in Delhi on Saturday the 18th who would like to do the same? Costs would be shared and it’s always to travel with someone.
So if anyone want to join?

Bastien
Old Mar 9, 2015, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Getting to the Taj Mahal right when it opens is best - if you jog from the gate to the Taj itself, you will have it all yourself for about 60 seconds. It's magical.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, NWA US, BA
I'll actually be in Agra that same day! However, I'm staying overnight in Agra on the 17th... Have you been to India before? It's my first time.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi!
It will be my first time in India!
I will sleep in Delhi the entire week, that's why I wanted to book a tour to Agra. However, a friend of mine told me that it's quite easy to take the train from Delhi to Agra. I think I may do that - instead of the tour - and spend the whole day in Agra visiting on my own.
Are you only 1 day in Agra?
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
The magic is quite enchanting if you catch the Taj at sunrise/ sunset.
Stay away from the shops that the guides want to take you....waste of time in your case. See if you can find time to see Fatehpur Sikri fort.
lunch at one of the Taj hotels (5 starts) will be a treat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.