Wiki Posts
Search

Gay Oman

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2013, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ual, aa, nwa, starwood, jwm
Gay Oman

Anyone have any experience with gay scene in Oman or any advice, recommendations or tips? Thanks
Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:39 pm

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Exclamation

Spent a night there and the only thing gay about that place was ME.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ual, aa, nwa, starwood, jwm
Haha! I assumed it was quiet or all under-the-radar, so the few replies and your comment seem to confirm...thanks
Old Jan 24, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: M&M, AAdvantage, FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by InTokyo
Spent a night there and the only thing gay about that place was ME.
I doubt it

http://cominganarchy.com/2009/12/24/...n-of-oman-gay/
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, A3-Gold
I have lived in Oman twice for a total of about 4 years and believe me, the place had/has a very active gay scene. It's not called the Slutanate for nothing, LOL. During my first pre-internet stay in the 90's, many hotel bars/discos (Gulf, Novotel, Intercon, Sheraton) were known cruising venues and are still used as such. Outdoor cruising, while a bit more dangerous, was/is still going strong mostly on the Boardwalk in Shatti-Al-Qurm (from the Intercon to Hyatt) and also in Ruwi and on the Muttrah Corniche. And of course these days, you can connect with plenty of gay Omanis and foreigners online.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:22 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
"Only" up to three years in jail, no whipping or death penalty makes this a nice place for the horrible Middle East . Also the law seems not to be enforced as long as you are discreet. Happy traveling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.