FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   GLBT Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers-218/)
-   -   Bangkok for New Year (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glbt-travelers/1410807-bangkok-new-year.html)

standingoten Dec 26, 2012 6:59 am

Haha change of plans. Ill be there Friday and Saturday before NYE!

Meeting Moscow...and hopefully some more ppl around my age! Anyone 20-24??

RussianGuy Dec 27, 2012 6:08 am

Originally Posted by standingoten (Post 19921828)
Haha change of plans. Ill be there Friday and Saturday before NYE!

Meeting Moscow...and hopefully some more ppl around my age! Anyone 20-24??

"Meeting Moscow" ;-)))

Guy Betsy Dec 29, 2012 3:43 am

Originally Posted by holtju2 (Post 19921545)
You must be kidding, right? The gay nightclub that gets going around 2AM after DJ closes. And there is plenty of semi private space upstairs that I know nothing about....

Ah, but I dont go to DJ Station so I wouldn't know. :p

holtju2 Dec 29, 2012 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 19937525)
Ah, but I dont go to DJ Station so I wouldn't know. :p

There is something in Bangkok beyond Babylon as well, although I kinda agree that DJ is way past its prime. How about G Star?

Guy Betsy Dec 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Where's everyone staying?

I'm at Le Meridien.

But I leave for Singapore tomorrow as I'm coming back on Saturday.

RussianGuy Jan 2, 2013 11:11 am

had a great time for the new year )) fireworks from 30smth floor at Hilton Millenium looked amazing and lotsa new frriends at G.O.D. and even the after party with around 20 expat guys present till midday on Jan 1st @ Marriott apartments ;-)) with even more fun at the hotel afterwards ))) hope you all had the same great time!!! all the best from JW Khao Lak hotel ))) starting one month vacation finally )

itsaboutthejourney Jan 3, 2013 2:20 pm

BKK was a great place to spend NYE, especially with some great people who may or may not be reading this. ;)

G.O.D. was very interesting, especially the people watching: both good eye candy and some tragic scenes.

LM seemed like it was the gayest hotel in BKK this weekend.

MegatopLover Jan 4, 2013 5:13 am

Who's going back for Songkran?

Increasingly large numbers of American G's have been going to Bangkok for Songkran in recent years, drawn by the parties in addition to Songkran itself and all Thailand has to offer. Quite a few friends and acquaintances I know from California are going, including returnees and some new ones, and I've convinced some friends from Atlanta to go as well.

standingoten Jan 6, 2013 3:14 am

Also enjoyed Bangkok for New Years Eve! Made lots of friends at DJ Station from all around the world.

That said, I probably won't ever go back to DJ Station. Too many guys in such a small space - I had no room to move. Then there are guys who become obsessed and follow you around...

Lots o fun though. :D

Stoontje Jan 7, 2013 11:09 am

Best Starwood hotel for 3 guys?

I'll be in BKK in mid February for 4 days - it's a group of 3 gay friends in our early 40's. Which Starwood hotel (I'm platinum there) do you suggest if we want to share a room - based on likelihood of a suite upgrade, comfort of rooms and facilities, and location? I thought either Le Meridien, W, or Sheraton Grande. Any advice is really welcome - thanks!

sxc Jan 8, 2013 8:21 pm

The location of the W is good as it's right next to a sky train station and close to Silom.

justforfun Jan 8, 2013 10:08 pm

The location of Le Meridien for gay Bangkok just can't be beat. It's also a great hotel in its own right.

tomasem Dec 27, 2013 3:59 am

Anybody back here this year?

Dieuwer Dec 27, 2013 4:07 am

I'm in Bangkok now :)
First time for me. Loved the KE business class flight from JFK via ICN. Was blown away by the service.
I'm staying at Le Meridien in an executive room, but there are some issues with it that could be improved.

AJLondon Dec 27, 2013 4:56 am

I was there till a couple of days ago. In Ko Samui now.