Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

Question About Gay Disney and Hotel Programs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2012, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver

I saw that next year's Gay Disney event is being hosted at the Double Tree in Orlando. Would someone get points/stay credit with HHonors for this? Also, would an elite member be entitled to his benefits during this stay?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Hi DallasEsq, are you asking if you will get points/stay credit if you book a room at this property via a third party site(gaydisney.com or something like that) versus the Hilton site? Does the party promoter allow you to just buy ix for the parties held at the hotel?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Hi DallasEsq, are you asking if you will get points/stay credit if you book a room at this property via a third party site(gaydisney.com or something like that) versus the Hilton site? Does the party promoter allow you to just buy ix for the parties held at the hotel?
It looks like you book the room on the site because there seem to be different rules than a typical booking (i.e. price includes 4 people in a room, theres a $100 non-refundable deposit, etc.). You can buy tickets for parties at the hotel but I did that before and really want to stay at the host hotel this time.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
It looks like you book the room on the site because there seem to be different rules than a typical booking (i.e. price includes 4 people in a room, theres a $100 non-refundable deposit, etc.). You can buy tickets for parties at the hotel but I did that before and really want to stay at the host hotel this time.
Book your room directly through the HHonors web-site, find the best advance rate you can, then if necessary, call the hotel directly and modify your reservation if you truly need a room for four people. You can probably buy event tickets in advance from the promoter? I'm certain that people whom live locally can purchase "À la carte" and not have to book a hotel room.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
When it was the Wyndam you had to book over phone. If you tried booking online you got a message saying the hotel was unavailable for general booking IIRC from Friday through check out Monday. A few years back anyone that booked did get a complimentary Wyndam Rewards membership (I can't recall exactly what the program is called) and there were some "freebies" included in that package.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
If you can book your(two bed) room for the property at Hilton .com it would be best to do so and then buy your events tix(without the room) online.

If the hotel is sold out then perhaps buying through the promoter is the way to go just to be safe-just do not expect HH points/stay credit for this stay.If they do post-great.

If you are a HH Diamond you could try a Diamond Force reservation.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
If you can book your(two bed) room for the property at Hilton .com it would be best to do so and then buy your events tix(without the room) online.

If the hotel is sold out then perhaps buying through the promoter is the way to go just to be safe-just do not expect HH points/stay credit for this stay.If they do post-great.

If you are a HH Diamond you could try a Diamond Force reservation.
It was at the DT in Orlando this past month and you had to book it online. I was thinking of going but wanted the flexibility to cancel and also making sure I had my diamond benefits if this booking wouldn't apply and the hotel wasns't bookable at hilton.com I tried the diamond desk and they wouldn't allow a diamond force reservation since the hotel was showing excessive demand.

In the past when IML has been at the Hilton Chicago and Palmer house and I had to book through their site I was given my HH benefits and a friend of mine went to CLAW in cleveland last year that had to be booked their site and was given his diamond benefits. IML has been at the Hyatt lately and the times I have been Platnium with Hyatt I have been given free internet, so it possible the OP could get his HH benefits as well.

Not sure if a call to the diamond desk coudl confirm this or not.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll probably just book through the gaydisney site so I can get free access to the pool parties and hopefully talk to someone at check-in to see if I can get any HH benefits.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 5:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, UA PLT
Don't forget Gay Days in Anaheim on October 5.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by chipper
Don't forget Gay Days in Anaheim on October 5.
And the first gay days in Vegas in Sept

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.