Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

White Party in Palm Springs - Advice Wanted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2011, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

I've never been to Palm Springs and have heard great things about the White Party. I'd love to get some advice on it.

Is it better to stay at a smaller B&B or at the host hotel? Will I need to rent a car while I'm there or are things pretty close together?

Is everything focused on the official White Party events or is there a lot going on outside of the official events? Thanks so much for your help!
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by EWRJFKLGA
I've never been to Palm Springs and have heard great things about the White Party. I'd love to get some advice on it.

Is it better to stay at a smaller B&B or at the host hotel? Will I need to rent a car while I'm there or are things pretty close together?

Is everything focused on the official White Party events or is there a lot going on outside of the official events? Thanks so much for your help!
1. The host hotel is where all the action happens. Pool parties all day, and all events within a block. Bars are 3 blocks away - no car needed. B&B's in warm springs are a little far away and would have some of their own day time pool action - car needed.

2. Other events depending on what you want to do and your age/beauty.
Example: Palm Springs has their annual membership party at the museum on Friday night. $85/couple for 1 year membership - includes food and free bar. Since PSP is generally an older crowd year round - there are events, bars, etc. for that crowd.

It all depends on what you want to do. If you are 24, 140 lbs, in great shape, and beautiful face/hair, etc. and look great in a speedo, then you likely want to be at the host hotel - and share a room with friends to keep the cost down. It is a circuit party.

If you are sleezy, leather type boy - then B&B's may be for you.

If you are older, than maybe the museum party and other events. Also - an older crowd goes to the host hotel for lunch to watch all the activity around the pool. There is something for everyone.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:23 am

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
I love Palm Springs and although I abhor circuit parties I've had fun during White Party weekends when I've been there.... however, I prefer to stay at the Hyatt Regency Suites, which is right on North Palm Canyon, which is its main artery. It's within walking distance of everything downtown and on Thursday nights they shut down NPC for a street fair - http://www.palmspringsvillagefest.com/.

I find that I do like to rent a car when I'm in PS as I want the freedom to drive to Cat City, Cabazon or to go to some of the clothing optional resorts in Warm Sands, etc. on a daypass. Buses are not very frequent and taxis almost non-existent and (I imagine) very expensive. By the way, there is ample parking BEHIND the HR Suites so need to park in the garage.

Enjoy PS, wherever you decide to stay... it's a wonderful place!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:04 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
I've been to PS a few times and I really agree with DCArtist. As superficial as it sounds you'll get much better advice on this particular request if you put as much about yourself as you want us to know, ie age, bod type, sexual level and sleaze factor you seek. PS is one of the few places that really does have something for everyone.
If you stay in downtown PS and tend to use all your energy straight down to your last reserves partying then you prob. won't need a car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.