Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > GLBT Travelers
Reload this Page >

There is a town in Michigan called Felch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 8:27 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport

Just sayin. I'm flying there with a friend in May.

Last edited by DLNYC; Apr 28, 2010 at 8:35 pm
Old Apr 29, 2010, 6:28 am

Programs: United-Premier, National-Emerald
While you're in Michigan, you might also want to head over to Ann Arbor, the only city where "Gott" intersects "Hiscock" and(!) "Felch."

http://tinyurl.com/2fbn2bx

I lived on Gott for a few years, just down from Hiscock.....
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:28 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
While you are finding "Gott" and "Hiscock" in Ann Arbor, if you're not happy there, you can drive a couple miles out of town to "Hell" often the coldest place in Michigan during the winters.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
On a work trip once, a lesbian colleague and I were driving from Grand Forks, ND to Fargo to catch a flight home, and we took a little detour to Climax. Climax, Minnesota that is.

Dare I as what the Felch High School mascot might be?

I new a Felch girl in college.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 9:15 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
What am I doing in NYC? Maybe it's time to move to Michigan.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 9:26 am

Felch is in the North Dickinson school district.

Their mascot is the Nordic.

I don't think you're going to find commercial airline service into Felch. IMT (Iron Mountain) which is served by Delta is closeby.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 9:35 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

No we're flying LGA-DTW-GRB (Green Bay) then driving. Making a little weekend out of it. By the way, the only real attraction in Felch is the Felch Grade Trail...which starts on Old Dump Road.

http://www.michigan.org/Property/Detail.aspx?p=B7232
Old Apr 29, 2010, 9:43 am

Enjoy your trip to the beautiful U.P. of Michigan. If you want to continue your drive a couple of hours to the northwest, you could experience the quaint little town of Gay, Michigan.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 9:48 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by a7800
Enjoy your trip to the beautiful U.P. of Michigan. If you want to continue your drive a couple of hours to the northwest, you could experience the quaint little town of Gay, Michigan.
Thanks for the tip! Anything to make this trip more ridiculous and unnecessary is appreciated.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 8:57 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Reminds me of All in the Family! The Bunkers' church was led by the Rev. Felcher, which Archie always mispronounced, "Fletcher" & replied "Whatever!" to Edith's correction.

Oh well, in downtown Columbus OH, Gay St. intersects High St.! Then in Pennsylvania's Amish country near Lancaster is a town called Intercourse!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 9:02 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Brendan
Reminds me of All in the Family! The Bunkers' church was led by the Rev. Felcher, which Archie always mispronounced, "Fletcher" & replied "Whatever!" to Edith's correction.

Oh well, in downtown Columbus OH, Gay St. intersects High St.! Then in Pennsylvania's Amish country near Lancaster is a town called Intercourse!
Crystal Ave and Highland Dr intersect in SLC (of all places).
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:20 pm

Programs: OnePass, AAdvantage, Starwood
That's par for the course in MI

http://www.getoffonbigbeaver.com/ima...adsign_opt.gif

Exit 69 - Big Beaver Rd
Old May 1, 2010, 5:31 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
Click on the link to see an interesting intersection in Manhattan.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Old May 1, 2010, 8:34 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wiredboy10003
Click on the link to see an interesting intersection in Manhattan.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
^ I never knew about that! Guess I need to get up to Inwood more often (or maybe not )

Here's a good reason to pop across the river. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=creame...ed=0CAoQ8gEwAA

Last edited by DLNYC; May 1, 2010 at 8:44 am
Old May 1, 2010, 11:26 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Turning to the political, on the map linked to by DLNYC, 2 blocks north of pointer "A" is the intersection of Clinton & Bush streets!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.