Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport Hotel question...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, BAEC Bronze, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Smile Airport Hotel question...

Hey guys and Gals,

My partner and I are travelling in December of this year and are flying First Class from JFK to IST and have a 14 hour lay-over before catching our connecting flight to Johanneburg. The airline provides a room in the airport hotel in Istanbul, but i was wondering if anyone has any experience on having two men sharing a room or whether we will have to request two seperate rooms? I don't know what there views are on same sex relationships, but considering that it is a Middle Eastern country, i just wanted to make sure that we didn't offend anyone and we are aware before we request a room.

Thanks

Ryan
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
You shouldn't have a problem requesting a king bed. Enjoy Joburg!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:00 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by pitbrian
You shouldn't have a problem requesting a king bed. Enjoy Joburg!
I believe the OP was referring to the situation at IST. :P

Anyway, from my experience this is no problem, in fact at all the hotels that I stayed in Istanbul itself, I had always took the king bed when offered at check-in.
I guess you will be getting the room from TK? What I heard is that they normally offer quite good hotels, the normal hotels are either the CY Marriott or the Radisson Blu. Maybe since you are in First, it could be something even better.

Don't forget the join their 1/2 day trip which I believe is also thrown in free for transit passengers.

Getting down to downtown is also easy and fast, just a tram ride away. Go down and enjoy the city and you might even have time for a hamman experience :P
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, BAEC Bronze, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Smile Thanks to both of you!

Originally Posted by nldogbert
I believe the OP was referring to the situation at IST. :P

Anyway, from my experience this is no problem, in fact at all the hotels that I stayed in Istanbul itself, I had always took the king bed when offered at check-in.
I guess you will be getting the room from TK? What I heard is that they normally offer quite good hotels, the normal hotels are either the CY Marriott or the Radisson Blu. Maybe since you are in First, it could be something even better.

Don't forget the join their 1/2 day trip which I believe is also thrown in free for transit passengers.

Getting down to downtown is also easy and fast, just a tram ride away. Go down and enjoy the city and you might even have time for a hamman
experience :P
thanks! Yes I was referring to the hotel in IST and we will be getting a room from TK. Appreciate your comments!
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by RyanG
thanks! Yes I was referring to the hotel in IST and we will be getting a room from TK. Appreciate your comments!
I was referring to IST. My second comment was separate... enjoy your trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.