HAM airport questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HAM airport questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
HAM airport questions

Hi,

one option I am considering is flying HAM-CDG-PHX in business in August.
It is a 6am flight so I wonder how busy/dead the Airport is at that time of the day.
Will arrive day before in the pm and get a hotel. Any recommendations? Convenience is key as I have to return a car > HAM > Hotel > HAM so any travel needs to be done twice.
Didn’t look as if AF has a lounge in HAM …. Any lounge I could possibly use?

All in all I don’t want to leave the hotel at 3:45am just to find out that security takes 5 min and there is nothing open at the airport to spend the time
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:34 am

Programs: FB Gold
For an intra-Schengen flight, I would just arrive 90mn before departure. If it's anything like T2 at Francfort, some stores will be open but not much to do. The efficiency of the contract staff at check-in and contrôle security will be the main chokepoints. The AF and KLM flights leave at the same time and I assume would share the same counters, so I wouldn't procrastinate too much.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Hi,

one option I am considering is flying HAM-CDG-PHX in business in August.
It is a 6am flight so I wonder how busy/dead the Airport is at that time of the day.
Will arrive day before in the pm and get a hotel. Any recommendations? Convenience is key as I have to return a car > HAM > Hotel > HAM so any travel needs to be done twice.
Didn’t look as if AF has a lounge in HAM …. Any lounge I could possibly use?

All in all I don’t want to leave the hotel at 3:45am just to find out that security takes 5 min and there is nothing open at the airport to spend the time
Airport will be pretty busy. Drop off the rental car at the airport the night before your flight and stay at the Radisson Blu directly opposite the terminals. AF uses the airport lounge - sorry, haven‘t been there yet, I‘m a *A guy and only know the LH lounges.
blitzen likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 8:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Hamburg school vacations run from July 17 till August 28 this year: https://www.schulferien.org/deutschland/ferien/hamburg/

6am is the peak charter flight departure bank, so expect a busy security area.
blitzen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.