Wiki Posts
Search

Napcabs access at FRA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2022, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite
Napcabs access at FRA

Hi, I'm on a LH international flight from HND arriving into FRA at 18:55 and my connection to FCO is the next morning at 07:20. My plan is to book the napcab at FRA for the night instead of an airport hotel. Both LH flights are on the same ticket so no need to uplift baggage at FRA.

The HND flight gets into Terminal 1 Hall B (and sometimes Hall A, looking at the historical info in the airport website) but I don't have gate info. Will this be a Z gate ? In which case can I take the skyline to the B Gates in Terminal 1 where the napcabs are located.

Also, my next LH flight to FCO leaves from Terminal 1 A Gates so I'm hoping I can use the tunnel between B and A gates the next morning ?
Old Oct 8, 2022, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
12€ an hour - I am curious, how long are you planning to stay in the cabin?
Old Oct 9, 2022, 5:22 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gambda
Hi, I'm on a LH international flight from HND arriving into FRA at 18:55 and my connection to FCO is the next morning at 07:20. My plan is to book the napcab at FRA for the night instead of an airport hotel. Both LH flights are on the same ticket so no need to uplift baggage at FRA.

The HND flight gets into Terminal 1 Hall B (and sometimes Hall A, looking at the historical info in the airport website) but I don't have gate info. Will this be a Z gate ? In which case can I take the skyline to the B Gates in Terminal 1 where the napcabs are located.

Also, my next LH flight to FCO leaves from Terminal 1 A Gates so I'm hoping I can use the tunnel between B and A gates the next morning ?
Arrival and departure gate information of Lufthansa flights may be found on LHs flight status page.
https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/time...light-status#/

On recent days LH717 arrived at B gates. (Hall A, Hall B are where baggage claims are located.) LH717 used to arrive at Z gates so things may change but even if you arrive at a B gate you will have to clear security to reach the area where the napcabs are located.

You will have to go through passport control to enter Germany/Schengen and go through security for your FCO flight anyway. Have you checked the price of an airport hotel? Even if you waited until 10pm and leave the napcab at 5am it will cost 84.
gambda likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Planning to stay for 6 - 7 hours and it works out just under 100 euros. Looked at airport hotels and they are quite expensive.
I also hold *G status and my NZ FF is on the LH booking so I should have accces to the SEN lounge for my flight to FCO and I'm planning to go there as soon as it opens in the morning.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Planning to stay for 6 - 7 hours and it works out just under 100 euros. Looked at airport hotels and they are quite expensive.
I also hold *G status and my NZ FF is on the LH booking so I should have accces to the SEN lounge for my flight to FCO and I'm planning to go there as soon as it opens in the morning.
Even the hotels in Gateway Gardens?

You can't use the tunnel to get to A so unless you find the bus operating (B63 to Z11) you will be doing a second round of security in the morning.
gambda likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your inputs. Considering the logistics, I thought it is easier to spend a few extra bucks and get a hotel room instead so booked the Hilton Garden Inn close to the airport. It was only 30 euros more than the napcab !
notquiteaff and NewbieRunner like this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Thanks for your inputs. Considering the logistics, I thought it is easier to spend a few extra bucks and get a hotel room instead so booked the Hilton Garden Inn close to the airport. It was only 30 euros more than the napcab !
Its actually attached to the airport. Very convenient and comfortable IME. Breakfast is pretty good, too, if you have Hilton Gold/Diamond status.
gambda likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 1:10 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Much better than spending 6-7 hours in the napcab. I think the napcabs are there primarily for travellers who cant enter Germany without a visa, Youll only need to go through passport control once on arrival and security once in the morning. To get to the hotel just follow the signs for the long-distance train station.
gambda likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 12:45 pm

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
I'm mainly on the AC forum, where there is a strong preference not to start new threads, so I'll ask my napcabs access question here (am not sure of the custom in the Lufthansa forum).

If I fly EDI-FRA-YUL, with an overnight in FRA, would be be able to reliably access the napcabs instead of a hotel? (Is there any chance I'd end up somewhere I couldn't access Terminal 1, transit area B) without going through customs/security?

When I do this trip I typically arrive late (9pm) and depart earlyish (9am), and find that by the time I get through customs, get to a hotel, then get back to the airport in time to get through security, customs, etc., it's just a pain and I end up getting a poor sleep. It occurred to me I could perhaps just use the napcapbs 10pm-6am and then head to the Senator or Maple Leaf Lounge for shower, breakfast, etc.
Old May 11, 2024, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
I'm mainly on the AC forum, where there is a strong preference not to start new threads, so I'll ask my napcabs access question here (am not sure of the custom in the Lufthansa forum).

If I fly EDI-FRA-YUL, with an overnight in FRA, would be be able to reliably access the napcabs instead of a hotel? (Is there any chance I'd end up somewhere I couldn't access Terminal 1, transit area B) without going through customs/security?

When I do this trip I typically arrive late (9pm) and depart earlyish (9am), and find that by the time I get through customs, get to a hotel, then get back to the airport in time to get through security, customs, etc., it's just a pain and I end up getting a poor sleep. It occurred to me I could perhaps just use the napcapbs 10pm-6am and then head to the Senator or Maple Leaf Lounge for shower, breakfast, etc.
If LH965 arrives at a B gate you should deboard into the gate area and accessing Napcabs will be trivial.

However that flight sometimes gets a Z gate (to help with folks connecting to the SE Asia flights) or a bus gate.

​​​​​​Worst case would be transit security to get to B and Napcabs. At that time of night it should be quick.
Old May 11, 2024, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC SE, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by supine
If LH965 arrives at a B gate you should deboard into the gate area and accessing Napcabs will be trivial.

However that flight sometimes gets a Z gate (to help with folks connecting to the SE Asia flights) or a bus gate.

​​​​​​Worst case would be transit security to get to B and Napcabs. At that time of night it should be quick.
Thanks, I appreciate the info. If it did get a Z gate, would I be able to do a transit security to B upon arrival regardless of whether EDI-FRA and FRA-YUL are on the same itinerary (depending on pricing, I sometimes but it as connecting flights, sometimes as two separate trips). That is would security let me through even if my flight doesn't leave for 12ish hours?
Old May 11, 2024, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by flyingcrooked
Thanks, I appreciate the info. If it did get a Z gate, would I be able to do a transit security to B upon arrival regardless of whether EDI-FRA and FRA-YUL are on the same itinerary (depending on pricing, I sometimes but it as connecting flights, sometimes as two separate trips). That is would security let me through even if my flight doesn't leave for 12ish hours?
Even on separate tickets you will have checked in for the second flight and have a boarding pass.

If challenged, just tell them what you are planning to do and they should have no issues letting you through.

Plenty of folks are stuck overnight in the transit area, mostly those who can't enter Schengen.
flyingcrooked likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.