Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

How to get from Z to A gates at Frankfurt airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2021, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

I have a layover at FRA coming from Washington DC (IAD) with United, and I know from looking at the history of this specific route on Airportia that it comes in on the Z gates. My next flight with Lufthansa to Stockholm (ARN) leaves on the A gates. Is there a way to get between Z and A without leaving the secure area? I have 2 hours for a layover and I'm just a little worried since I need to go through immigration and with how large the airport is that if I have to go through security too then I might not make it if there are long lines at both with how travel is picking up again. I know it sounds like a lot of time, but I sometimes get confused and upset in large crowds alone when I get lost and then I don't need to run unless absolutely necessary because of my asthma. From looking on the airport map on the FRA website it looks like there isn't any way to get between them until out of the secure area, but from looking at the much more detailed layout of it on google maps then it looks like there is and a seperate immigration area between the Z and A gates? Does anyone know from going between them yourself?

Will I need to go through security again and will 2 hours be enough for a layover?
Old Jun 25, 2021, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
Just go downstairs via passport control. Follow the signs.

You just have to be admissible to Germany. Once you immigrate to Germany, then you should be in A gates area.

You can get to B gates, too without needing to reclear.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Hi FinallyTogether and welcome to FlyerTalk

Like the previous poster ryman554 has advised, just follow the signs for A gates.
The signposted route would take you on a path where you wouldn't need to reclear security.

Even if you have needed to reclear security, 2 hours is much more than enough to transfer at FRA.
You shouldn't be worried about making the transfer or not.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Hi FinallyTogether and welcome to FlyerTalk

Like the previous poster ryman554 has advised, just follow the signs for A gates.
The signposted route would take you on a path where you wouldn't need to reclear security.

Even if you have needed to reclear security, 2 hours is much more than enough to transfer at FRA.
You shouldn't be worried about making the transfer or not.
Actually 2 hours is pushing it at FRA if they need to just clear immigration twice (z to a to z). These lines can be long, especially for nonEU passport. Probably during covid it's ok. But......
Old Jun 26, 2021, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ryman554
Actually 2 hours is pushing it at FRA if they need to just clear immigration twice (z to a to z). These lines can be long, especially for nonEU passport. Probably during covid it's ok. But......
Why should they clear immigration twice, Sweden is in the Schengen area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.