COVPASS certificate with CDC Card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVPASS certificate with CDC Card?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2021, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Any antigen test you take in Germany will give you the same certificate. So no worries.
The race requires a PCR test. I'll jump through whatever hoop is necessary with no complaints if it means I get to run. I think my friends are looking to avoid additional expense if they can just have their existing vaccination records certified instead. Unfortunately it seems there is some indication that pharmacies will not perform this service for tourists - I was just hoping to confirm whether or not that was the case?
Old Aug 7, 2021, 7:03 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
It is a case of HUACA. Most pharmacies will not do it for tourists but some might. No way to know which ones until you enter and ask.
GUWonder and notquiteaff like this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 7:29 pm

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
For EU citizens, is it the same as for US citizens? Any data points to share for EU citizens (but non Germans)?
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by davidj1
For EU citizens, is it the same as for US citizens? Any data points to share for EU citizens (but non Germans)?
If you were vaccinated in a EU country you should be able to use your country’s vaccine app as they all show a QR Code that can be read throughout the Union.

I reported on this thread that as a German citizen vaccinated in France I was allowed to get the German certificate of vaccination at a Berlin pharmacy, but this was before France started issuing QR Codes with the European standard. I suspect now the new French codes could be scanned into CovPass or Corona-Warn without the need to ask for a German certificate, but I haven’t tried.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 11:09 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Anyone with access to the system can issue the certificate. Pharmacies only have the authorization to issue certificates for twice/single vaccinated and recovered with single booster vaccination. Doctors/GPs who are also vaccinating can issue recovered and the Pharmacy ones. They have to check the documents you present. there's no specific guidance where the vaccination took place, it just has to be one of the approved by the PEI.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by Marambio
If you were vaccinated in a EU country you should be able to use your country’s vaccine app as they all show a QR Code that can be read throughout the Union.

I reported on this thread that as a German citizen vaccinated in France I was allowed to get the German certificate of vaccination at a Berlin pharmacy, but this was before France started issuing QR Codes with the European standard. I suspect now the new French codes could be scanned into CovPass or Corona-Warn without the need to ask for a German certificate, but I haven’t tried.
Okay that makes sense for EU issued vaccines. What about for vaccines issued outside of the EU, for an EU citizen? For example, a vaccine issued in the US, Asia, or Australia? I'm hoping to arrive at a pharmacy at FRA or ZRH and have my EU records updated using a foreign vaccine certificate, so I'm good to go.

This thread talks about using a CDC card, but I assume that is specific for foreigners. Is the process the same for EU nationals?
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K
This thread talks about using a CDC card, but I assume that is specific for foreigners. Is the process the same for EU nationals?
Same thing. I’m an EU citizen yet I used my CDC card to get the certificate at a pharmacy.
nomadic.relief and davidj1 like this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by pilot007
Same thing. I’m an EU citizen yet I used my CDC card to get the certificate at a pharmacy.
Ok thanks, will visit a pharmacy or doctor to get my record updated.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: UA-½K
Okay that makes sense for EU issued vaccines. What about for vaccines issued outside of the EU, for an EU citizen? For example, a vaccine issued in the US, Asia, or Australia? I'm hoping to arrive at a pharmacy at FRA or ZRH and have my EU records updated using a foreign vaccine certificate, so I'm good to go.

I managed to get the certificates in Munich. The pharmacy was happy to do it once they figured out exactly what I wanted. They only wanted the passport and CDC card. The only thing that is different from my actual vaccine data is that they put in DE as the vaccination country instead of the US, as I assume the latter was not an option. My card also listed Pfizer - and when they asked, I said it was Pfizer/Biontech, and they took it from there. The biggest hassle was making sure they converted the dates correctly between US and EU format. I was vaccinated in early April, so it caused quite a bit of confusion.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
France is now apparently issuing digital certs for tourists via email. And the QR codes are compatible across the EU.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/08/10/...#disqus_thread

They want a return airline ticket, but I wonder if they will also accept a car rental from another country and a hotel booking in France since not every tourist is flying straight to France.
Parkdesigner and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
France is now apparently issuing digital certs for tourists via email. And the QR codes are compatible across the EU.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/08/10/...#disqus_thread

They want a return airline ticket, but I wonder if they will also accept a car rental from another country and a hotel booking in France since not every tourist is flying straight to France.
I thought about booking a refundable flight or modifying an existing reservation to make it look like it was for CDG to get a QR code but that seems like a crappy thing to do. I hope Germany or Austria (the country I'm visiting first in September) offer up something similar.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:36 am

Update and Tips on getting a EU Digital Certificate of Immunization using a CDC card:

It is possible to get the certs based upon the CDC certificates, but as many on this thread have observed, it's a hit and miss.

One place that definitely issues this is the Apotheke at the Breuningerland Mall in Sindelfinger (just southwest of Stuttgart): https://www.coronaschnelltest-sindelfingen.de/faq/

As for those who want to have a better chance of getting the certificate, I would suggest visiting Apothekes in area where US Military Personnel and associated people live. Those places have Apothekes that issue using CDC cards.

Cities like Stuttgart (Boeblingen/Sindelfingen), Ansbach, Garmisch, Kaiserslautern, and Wiesbaden (one train stop away from the Frankfurt Airport Train station) have US Military personnel.

As for the digital apps, if you already have a German cell phone, then use CovPass or CoronaWarn apps. If you are using a non-German cell phone and don't wish to establish/change your account location to Germany, then use the Luca app.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 9:30 am

Programs: UA-½K
Originally Posted by alcathiax
As for the digital apps, if you already have a German cell phone, then use CovPass or CoronaWarn apps. If you are using a non-German cell phone and don't wish to establish/change your account location to Germany, then use the Luca app.
Thanks for the Luca app tip. It was a PITA to get the CoronaPass app installed. Hope Luca will make it easier checking in to restaurants next month on my next trip.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by rworne
Thanks for the Luca app tip. It was a PITA to get the CoronaPass app installed. Hope Luca will make it easier checking in to restaurants next month on my next trip.
If you have Android, getting the Corona WarnApp via the f-droid alternative App Store is pretty easy.

https://f-droid.org

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/de.corona.tracing/

(I have seen too many privacy/security issues reported to install the Luca app on my device. e.g. see here)
Old Aug 22, 2021, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Melodsal
Has anyone tried to get a US CDC vaccine card validated at a Frankfurt airport pharmacy? There seems to be a possibility of doing this according to https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en...alth-care.html It looks like there’s one near gate Z13 which I think is in the non Schnengan zone.
it seems like they're landside only?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.