Sanifair and other pay for toilet - DB responsibility

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2019, 9:16 am
Original Poster
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Sanifair and other pay for toilet - DB responsibility

Just a shot in the dark, in case someone knows this:
Are the toilet outsources to Sanifair and co. at DB train station under DB responsibilities or one should contact the contracted company ?

I was a bit miffed to have to pay one euro for a dirty toilet, get 50 cents back as a voucher which is not accepted in any shop of the station. The nearest partner was 60 km away. I find it disingenuous that they implement this system without a partner at the station that accept vouchers. DB washed their hand of the complaint saying that the toilet owner is responsible. I have difficulty with this concept as the station is owned by DB.

On à related but separate note, is this correct shops and restaurants must provide free toilets to their customers by law ?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by fransknorge
On à related but separate note, is this correct shops and restaurants must provide free toilets to their customers by law ?
Not completely, it depends on the law of the individual Bundesland. In restaurants it must normally be free, but not always a toilet is needed. Shops may take a fee.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
Sanifair is owned by Tank & Rast, the company that runs the motorway service stations in Germany. Nothing to do with DB
Old Mar 17, 2019, 2:40 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The rule of thumb is that if there is seating available in a restaurant they have to provide a toilet for use by customers. The dense network of McD and other fast food outlets is wonderful in terms of toilets....
offerendum and trooper like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: LH M+M
I fail to believe that noone was taking the voucher.. and untypical that Sanifair is dirty.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 2:00 am
Original Poster
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
I fail to believe that noone was taking the voucher.. and untypical that Sanifair is dirty.
This was at Neustadt Weinstrasse, which is not Sanifair but one of their competitor: WC&Fresh. They have no partner there: https://www.wc-fresh.com/en/location...ntral-station/
And it was dirty, as there was no cleaning staff.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 3:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
EUR 0.50 and one unsanitary bathroom experience there's nothing you can do about anymore at this point. Just get over it.
offerendum and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:22 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
If I desperately need a toilet I look on the DB timetable for a regional train that will be stopping at that station for 10 minutes!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by :D!
If I desperately need a toilet I look on the DB timetable for a regional train that will be stopping at that station for 10 minutes!
This toilets are well known for their outstanding cleanness
MHG likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: LH M+M
Originally Posted by fransknorge
This was at Neustadt Weinstrasse, which is not Sanifair but one of their competitor: WC&Fresh. They have no partner there: https://www.wc-fresh.com/en/location...ntral-station/
And it was dirty, as there was no cleaning staff.
Oh, I missed that part.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The rule of thumb is that if there is seating available in a restaurant they have to provide a toilet for use by customers. The dense network of McD and other fast food outlets is wonderful in terms of toilets....
In Düsseldorf main station I have sat down both in Nordsee and the Asia place just nearby and been told to use the paying station facilities. Both these restaurants have plenty of tables.

Originally Posted by :D!
Oh very clever, I must remember that one. The only thing is, it could be a bit if a fiddle working out which train to choose.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
In Düsseldorf main station I have sat down both in Nordsee and the Asia place just nearby and been told to use the paying station facilities. Both these restaurants have plenty of tables
The requirements are to my humble recollection limited for establisments not selling any alcohol and even more limited on railway stations' grounds.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes, I thought so. I had always believed, without thinking too much about it, that if you consume food or whatever in any of the establishments in a station then you must use the facilities provided in the station.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:56 pm

I’m a little confused as to why the OP only mentions Sanifair in the thread title and post #1 and then in Post #6 he says his complaint is really with WC&Fresh. Why even mention Sanifair?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
I’m a little confused as to why the OP only mentions Sanifair in the thread title and post #1 and then in Post #6 he says his complaint is really with WC&Fresh. Why even mention Sanifair?
He referred to "Sanifair and Co". Both provide "outsourced toilett services".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.