Berlin for a day

Old Mar 3, 19, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Berlin for a day

Hello folks. I've been trying to wrap my head around and can't. Basically, we're planning on a cruise from Copenhagen via NCL. My wife would like to visit Berlin (since it's only 1 hr flight), but I've been trying to find a way to make a long layover out of it, either before the cruise Jul 31 or after Aug 9. Seems like it's cheaper to go from NYC to CPH on Jul 30 (overnight) to get to the port on July 31.

Obviously, I can book separate CPH to SXF, which I think is about $90 RT PP... but if I don't have to, then I won't

Another option is whether it's possible to book with Norwegian Air and like combine them so maybe it's in one booking (for simplicity purpose maybe?) - Would it be possible to leave the luggage in CPH airport since we'll be arriving back there?

Thank you.
Old Mar 4, 19, 12:05 am

I wouldn't even consider nesting a side trip before the cruise. What happens if you get stranded in Berlin the night before your ship leaves?

Then, just get your NYC-CPH-NYC tickets sorted, and then buy a separate CPH-SXF/TXL-CPH on easyJet or similar. Right now for a trip over August 10 they charge 60 per person, which cannot be beaten. Any faffing about with DY or adding stopovers will cost you more in phone calls.
fransknorge likes this.
Old Mar 4, 19, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for thinking in the "big picture" Playing with dates, seems the price jumps JFK-CPH-JFK after 8-9. Cheapest for now is before cruise, 2 days in Berlin... well, 1.5 days, since based on times, it'll be ~8hrs in CPH airport to go to TXL and coming back is a really early flight (but still ~9hrs before cruise leaves, lol.

In CPH, arriving from JFK to go to Berlin either before or after cruise - are they in the same terminal? Looks like we'd need to get our baggage then go back to the departure terminal? Or are they relatively close?

Thanks.

Search this Thread