Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help! Stuttgart to Heinebach

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2018, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Help! Stuttgart to Heinebach

I have a flight that arrives to Stuttgart at 18:35 on 5 of Januar (if there's no delay), and i would love to go to Heinebach, where one of my relatives live so that i can surprise him for his birthday. However, i can't find any trains at a suitable price (it's around 80 euros) and i searched for other forms of transport too but i couldn't find any good solution.. What do you suggest?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:35 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I see only one connection, leaving a few minutes after 19:00 that arrives late evening and it is indeed around 80 Euro. Leaving next morning there are a number of options for 30-40 Euros. I would suggest a hotel in Stuttgart and then an early train next morning.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
19:00 could also be very tight.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, IHG Plat, HH Silver, DB BahnComfort
One more possibility: you could take the train fo some intermediate point and spend the night. For example, you could leave Stuttgart airport at 19:18 or 20:08 and go to Frankfurt central station for 36 or 40 Euros, and then go on to Heinebach early the next morning for 20 Euros. There are many inexpensive hotels within easy walking distance from the main station in Frankfurt I know this gets you there the day after the birthday, but arriving at Stuttgart at 18:35 and leaving at 19:08 could prove to be very tight. Any delay and you're sunk.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:05 pm
MHG

Programs: BA, SK, Accor, Carlson Rezidor
There´s one connection for 70,-€ ("69,90") availlable which gets you to Heinebach 3 minutes later than the more expensive one.
The "trick" is to untick the field "prefer fast connections". The result is that you´ll change trains already at Fulda rather than Kassel ...

Both connections mentioned so far leave Stuttgart Airport railway station at 19.08
Which leaves only 33 mins between scheduled flight arrival and train departure - that´s pretty tight.
If you have only hand luggage you´ll make it. With checked luggage it´s not possible even if your flight is on-time.

... and this 19.08 departure is the last one that let´s you arrive the same evening at Heinebach. If you miss it you´re stuck.

The only alternatives:
I checked with Flixbus and there is one bus which suits your plan/requirements only in part and works only if someone can pick you up at the bus stop in Fulda as there´s no train to Heinebach before 06.16 going from Fulda to Heinebach.
This Flixbus does not leave from the airport but Kornwestheim which is reached by the same local train (S-Bahn) that would be part of the expensive train ticket from the airport.
Going to Kornwestheim requires a transfer at Hauptbahnhof (Stuttgart central station).
Total travel time airport to Kornwestheim will be 42-52 mins and tickets cost 5,30€
The Flixbus leaves Kornwestheim at 21.05 and arrives Fulda 0.25 (Busticket is only 9,90€ at the moment)
At least this option would give you a bit more time at the airport since the S-Bahn runs in 10-20 mins intervals.
S2 + S3 go from the airport to Hauptbahnhof (11 stops) and S4 + S5 go from Hauptbahnhof to Kornwestheim (4 stops)

... and finally if you give up on arriving on saturday night or stay over night in a hotel Flixbus has one bus straight from Stuttgart airport to Kassel (29,99€) leaving the airport at 23.05 arriving at Kassel Wilhelmshöhe 05.40. That would be perfectly timed for the first train leaving Kassel Wilhelmshöhe at 06.14 arriving Heinebach 06.46
In the end you´ll pay for that trip in total 39,60€ (29,90€ Flixbus Stuttgart airport to Kassel and 9,70 for the train Kassel to Heinebach)
That´s considerably less than for the train ticket for 69,90€ but requires you to travel overnight on the bus and you arrive at Heinebach sunday morning 6.46 (pretty "ungodly" time for a sunday morning to arrive - if you ask me - when everybody else is asleep ...)

Last edited by MHG; Jan 1, 2019 at 2:15 pm Reason: additional info added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.