Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

20min connection doable at MUC

Old Nov 15, 18, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying ORD-MUC-OTP. Unfortunately my ORD-MUC flight has been delayed and will arrive about 20min before (maybe earlier if we can depart sooner) the scheduled departure of my MUC-OTP flight. Do you think I'd be able to make it on this flight? Any chance my checked bags could make it on board?
Old Nov 15, 18, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Your scheduled arrival is the time at which the aircraft's brakes are locked at MUC. Depending on where you are seated, you might not be off the aircraft for 3-15 minutes. If the onwards flight departs on schedule, you will not make the gate time. But, it might be delayed as well. Whether your seat is held is a different question.

Your bags are more likely to make the flight than you.

I would strongly suggest doing the research on later flights so that you are prepared to ask for what suits you best if you misconnect. Don't forget that depending on the reason for the delay and the length of your delay into OTP, you may be due EC 261/2004 delay compensation.
Old Nov 15, 18, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL**; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by poisson View Post
I'm flying ORD-MUC-OTP. Unfortunately my ORD-MUC flight has been delayed and will arrive about 20min before (maybe earlier if we can depart sooner) the scheduled departure of my MUC-OTP flight. Do you think I'd be able to make it on this flight? Any chance my checked bags could make it on board?
This scenario is pretty obvious: if you flight arrives 20 min before departure of the connection flight, and if that leaves on schedule, then neither you or your bags will make it.

You have also cross-posted on LH Forum....
offerendum likes this.

Last edited by AlienInTheFatherland; Nov 15, 18 at 2:55 pm
Old Nov 16, 18, 4:16 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Accor gold, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold, A3 *Gold
You never know in MUC, if you're on LH and on one ticket. My last flight into MUC was delayed by about 30 mins and got an apron position in the RJ park. There were announcements for connecting passengers to HKG and BUD, and dedicated transfer buses were waiting for them at the aircraft. Other connecting passengers had LH staffers waiting for them inside the Terminal as we got off the bus, including those booked on the evening flight to Bucharest.
Old Nov 16, 18, 7:25 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Short haul to long haul is different.
Old Nov 17, 18, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Unless there are other disruptions or the aircraft is held for you, no chance. Is this on one ticket?

Search this Thread