Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for MUC hotel - overnight connection

Old Jun 16, 18, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI GC, BA EC, AAdvantage, AB Top Bonus

Hello everyone.

I have an overnight connection at MUC coming up. Arriving around 8pm and departing again at 8.30am. The Hilton is rather expensive for a short stay, regardless of its proximity. My options look like Moxy, Hi Express or an alternatively taking the SBahn to Neufahrn and staying at the Maisberger beside the station.

All three are broadly similar in terms of cost (HIEx and Maisberger include breakfast). Any advice on which is the best pick? If it makes and difference, I arrive and depart on LH so using T2.

Thank you!
Old Jun 16, 18, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Stayed at the Moxy one night in January before a morning flight out of MUC. It’s OK ... Moxy goes for a hip, trendy vibe that’s a bit different than most chain hotels. It is in kind of a business area, without a lot of restaurants, etc., around. They do have shuttle service available from the parking garage next door to/from MUC. I think we booked a rate that included breakfast for a few euros.

Freising might be another option accessible by S-bahn with several hotel options. And of course you have the option of S-bahn or the Lufthansa bus to Munich, opening up all of the options there.

Your best east choice depends on what you are looking to do. If you’re just looking for a place to sleep, I’d say HIE or Moxy. If you’re looking for dinner, beer hall, etc, then I’d go with Neufahrn, Freising or venture into Munich.
Old Jun 16, 18, 2:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, BAEC, Avios, Alaska, SAS Eurobonus, DL Skymiles, IHG Priority, Best Western Rewards
HI Express is fine. I've had quite a few stays on my way in and out of MUC (in fact I'm here now, having just demolished a decent steak and a few beers).

Just avoid the overpriced shuttle and take bus #512 instead.
Old Jun 17, 18, 12:53 am

Programs: Spire RA, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN, Ctrip Diamond VIP.
The HIX has decent sized comfortable rooms, the Moxy shoebox sized ones with cheapest bedding.
​​​​​But they think they're hip.
NH is ok as well and also in this area.
Novotel might also be an option.

The Hilton is somtimes available on sites like amoma for 100 Euro and up - and doubtlessly the hotel with the best location.
Old Jun 21, 18, 7:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I always recommend the Gutenberg in Halbergmoos: Hotel Garni | Haus zum Gutenberg

Single rooms are <60€ and you can either take the S8 abd bus for 2.80€ in 23min or a taxi for 5-10€ to get there.
Old Jan 5, 19, 2:45 pm
DH

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer View Post
HI Express is fine. I've had quite a few stays on my way in and out of MUC (in fact I'm here now, having just demolished a decent steak and a few beers).

Just avoid the overpriced shuttle and take bus #512 instead.
Thx. #512 is 2,90 €. The schedule can be found at https://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/index.html using "München-Flughafen, Airport Munich" To "Oberding, Freisinger Straße 94"

Looks like no Munich airport hotel offers free shuttle service and taking #512 to hotels along Freisinger Straße might be the best option. Since I have early morning flight, I may have to either take taxi or shuttle to the airport however.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: