Reload this Page >

Deutsche Bahn - Points

Deutsche Bahn - Points

Old May 15, 18, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN
Deutsche Bahn - Points

Hey guys,

So I recently relocated to Cologne. I have noticed I am taking quite a few trains around the place, especially to and fro FRA so I purchased a BahnCard 50 1st Class.

I have been trying to find a nice resource online to kinda explain the ins and outs but I am struggling...if anyone has any, please let me know. I don't speak German but I have google translate .
1. If I travel with Mrs Lewis42, does she get any discounts from my card?
2. Using the points, any sweet spots or advice?

Well...thanks.
Old May 15, 18, 8:44 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
Hi Lewis42, the bahn.de website gives lot of information on bahn.bonus, but unfortunately only in german:

Link to bahn.bonus website

If you book a ticket for 2 pax and include your bahncard number, you will get the points (bonus and status) for the full amount of the ticket. In the past if you wanted to book a ticket for more than one pax the discount needed to be the same for all participants though (so in this case selecting bahncard 50 1st your partner would need to have the same type of bahncard) - not sure if this is still true. If you reach bahn.comfort status (basically via 2k spend within a year) you can take one person with you into the lounge. I don't see any other benefits out there for a partner traveling together with you.

I usually use my point for day cards for the whole network. Saturday daycards first class are 3.000 points, other days 4.000 points; day cards are valid untill 10:00 am next day for the whole network. Other good use: upgrade vouchers.
Lewis42 likes this.
Old May 16, 18, 3:10 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
The program is fairly simple:
  • You can receive points for all DB tickets bought over the website or in a DB store.
  • You get one point per Euro spent.
  • Those points can be exchanged for upgrade vouchers, free tickets or non-DB stuff.
  • Highest value received is for all things DB-related, eg. free tickets or upgrade vouchers.
  • After 2,000€ spent, you'll receive Bahn-Comfort status, that grants you (among other things)
    • free access to the (2nd class) lounge together with your partner
    • preferential seating and reservation options
    • reduced parking fees in some parking spots around train stations
    • Status match option to acquire SIXT platinum status
Lewis42 likes this.
Old May 16, 18, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN
thank you both have a splendid day.
Old May 16, 18, 4:07 am

Programs: M&S, Radisson
deleted
Lewis42 likes this.

Last edited by 1flyer; Dec 11, 18 at 1:29 am
Old May 23, 18, 1:23 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The Rewe deal sounds really good, I haven’t been able to grab one of those yet. It’s probably because I’m not in Germany all the time. One thing to note is that karma points are awarded for a minimum of five euros spend. For the bahn.comfort status you have to spend €2000 within one year. My Bahncard is in the form of a credit card, which is renewed each year. Having the credit card protects the points from expiry.

Search this Thread