Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

FRA going between terminals

Old May 7, 18, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Pass Select

I'll be departing out of Frankfurt to the US later this month, and I'm hoping to get some good use out of my priority pass while there. It seems that the lounges I can access airside are in Terminal 2, but my flight is out of Terminal 1. Is it easy and/or quick to get between the two terminals airside? Would I have to go through security again to go from one to the other? I appreciate any insights!
Old May 7, 18, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Welcome to FT. There are many posts on this topic, search 'priority pass' and 'FRA terminal 2'. It is possible, but absolutely not worth the effort. The PP lounge in T2 is a waste of your time, you're better off in a restaurant in T1. The (landside) lounge in T1 is an even greater waste of space.
Old May 10, 18, 3:40 am

You can‘t switch inbetween T1 and T2 after security clearance.

There is an unmanned train operating between T1 and T2 but I would recommend taking a bus on ground level. They drive around frequently and are free to use.
Old May 10, 18, 3:30 pm

Programs: M&S, Radisson
+1 to the search suggestion. The PP lounges in T2 are not good, the PP lounge in T1 (landside) is terrible. Not worth the hassle (additional security screenings, moving between terminals etc.)

Search this Thread