Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FRA - 2 day visit to Speyer and Sinsheim Technik Museums, plus Airport tour

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL
FRA - 2 day visit to Speyer and Sinsheim Technik Museums, plus Airport tour? advice..

The idea is to spend a couple of days with a friend visiting these 2 museums.
we are planning to arrive on an early flight on a Friday to FRA around 9:00, renting a car and heading to Speyer, then spending the day there.
next day on Saturday we would visit the other museum in Sinsheim.
last day on Sunday we would go back to FRA, and having one of the airport tours for a couple of hours before catching our flights back home.

do you have any tips? anything useful to know?

- I saw there's an offer on the museum website for buying the tickets for the 2 museum + one night in one of their partner hotel.
- any recommendation for hotels or car rentals? ideally I would like to get miles with M&M offers.
- any suggestion about what kind of airport tour is the best one? (Maxi, XXL, etc.)

thanks!

Last edited by raffa; Apr 4, 2018 at 3:42 pm Reason: FRA not FRAport :D
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I can’t offer any advice on the museum, but note that Fraport is the name of the airport’s management company, not the airport itself.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M FTL
thanks for the clarification
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: M&M FTL; BAEC Bronze
I've been to both Museums albeit on separate occasions and there is not really much to say about them which you probably already know, as it sounds like you have done research and checked out the website.
The only surprise really we had was that the food options onsite were not so good and expensive (although we had a toddler with us which limited us a bit). If I go back I would take sandwiches with me. There is also very little close by to either Museum, although if I recall correctly there is a Subway Sandwich place close to the Sinsheim museum if you have a car.

I preferred Sinsheim, but I guess it depends on what exactly you want to look at.
Unless you really take your time then you don't need a whole day for each, 4 -5 hours is enough. In fact, as there is only 30 mins between them if you pushed yourself you could even probably do both in a single day. Although this might not be as enjoyable, and I wouldn't suggest it in your case.

I would suggest to look around for hotels, there are plenty of options around the area, and you might find it better to stay in or close to a city centre so that you have more options in the evening for eating and drinking.

I suggest that if you have time you go into Speyer itself, the Cathedral is nice.
raffa likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 3:16 pm
MHG

Programs: BA, SK, Accor, Carlson Rezidor
Regarding Speyer the museum is pretty close to the city and there are sufficient possibilities to get something to eat/drink nearby to the museum.
The nearest is a good bakery (named "Goertz") where you can sit inside and enjoy reasonable priced drinks/snacks/cake/etc.
If you are willing to walk 5-10 mins further you´ll be right in the pedestrian zone of Speyer where there are also a few restaurants.

At Sinsheim it´s more difficult as the museum is in an industrial zone a bit further from Sinsheim city - still walkable but more like 20 mins from the museum.
Relatively - closer to the museum are only a Mc D. and the afore mentioned Subway´s but nothing else aside from the museum hotel.

I live about half way between both museums and I recommend being cautious when driving by car towards Sinsheim because there´s a long road construction underway on the A6 between Walldorfer Kreuz and Sinsheim. There are frequent traffic jams and even if not then traffic flow is rather slow. (sat/sun maybe a bit less traffic than mon-fri but still ...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.