Reload this Page >

Priority Pass in Fra - Terminal 1 or Terminal 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Pass in Fra - Terminal 1 or Terminal 2

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Will be flying to FRA as my final destination. Last year when I arrived in FRA the LUXX Lounge was the only lounge that would allow Priority Pass access if I was arriving and not departing FRA. I'd like to take a shower prior to picking up my rental car and the the showers at the LUXX Lounge were not that great. I noticed the Priority Pass site lists a few new lounges in Terminal 2. Anyone know if any of the new lounges allow arrivals access?
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
^^^Not 100% sure, but I think, in difference to the Luxx lounge, the T2 lounges all ask for a departing BP.

There are for-pay showers in both T1 and T2. You could wait for the next FR or OE sale (you just missed the last one) and purchase a o/w ticket ex FRA for less than 5 euros for the day of your arrival.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by gary6177
I have a 4 hour layover in Frankfurt coming up and have priority pass and will probably kill the time by visiting a lounge. My flight arrives in Terminal 1 and my connecting flight also departs out of Terminal 1 (non Schengen). If I visit the terminal 1 PP lounge I have to go through customs and then go through security as it is landside. I believe I don't have to do that if I visit the PP lounge in Terminal 2 as it is airside.. Would you guys recommend visiting the PP lounge in Terminal 2 to avoid doing all of that or would staying in T1 PP lounge be easier given I have to leave and then re-enter. Thanks for your advice.
What did you end up doing?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:25 am

Facing a somewhat similar situation. Arriving to Terminal 1 from US and ultimately leaving from Terminal 1 for flight in Schengen zone. My thought was that it would be easier to visit one of the Terminal 2 lounges in the transit area before heading back to Terminal 1 and going through the security for the onward-Schengen flight. Is that logic correct? And am I correct in thinking this would be easier than trying to transfer between terminals within the Schengen zone? Thank you!
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:31 pm
Suspended

There is no transit route from T1 to T2. You'd have to clear immigration in T1. Then you go landside and take the people mover to T2. Then you can either go to a non-Schengen or a Schengen lounge in T2.

If you opt for a Schengen lounge, there will be a central security control to pass after which you can access the lounge. You can leave T2, taking the people mover to T1. There you'll have to pass another security control.

If, instead, you wish to visit a non-Schengen lounge in T2, you'd go through passport control. No security control as, in the non-Schengen area of T2, these are just before the gates. So you can go to the lounge. To get back landside, there will be immigration once again. Back in T1, security control.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:23 am

Hmm, so sounds like the Schengen option is slightly less of a pain. If there's no way to transfer between terminals without going "landside," then perhaps it makes more sense to just go to the landside LuxxLounge in Terminal 1. Thank you for the advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.