MUC: Terminal changes after security check

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle

For our upcoming trip we will have a 2.5 hour lay-over at MUC, arriving on a LH flight from GOT and connected to a LH bound flight for YUL, all within terminal 2.

I and Mrs. K have received complementary Priority Passes and would like to take the opportunity to visit one of the PP lounges, unfortunate located in Terminal 1, since there aren't any in Terminal 2.

I assume our best bet would be to go clear immigration to the non-Schengen part of Terminal 2 and then take the intra-terminal shuttle to Terminal 1 non-Schengen area to visit the lounge.

Time wise, would this be feasible with a 2.5 hour connection?

EK

Side note, when going back we will be transfer at FRA, and the PP lounge in Terminal 1 is landside pre-security... I don't se the convenience in the PP at all, I'm glad I haven't paid for it.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The PP lounge is not worth it. Assuming you are able to get airside with your T2 boarding passes, you'd be stuck in a soulless room with crap food. Better to head to the Airbräu between the terminals for a meal.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
PP is not that bad and useful on European flights. The Munich lounge is indeed not worth it.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Gold [*AG], Finnair Gold [OWS] HHonors Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Thank you for your replies, based on you r replies I'll pass on the PP @MUC.

On our way back, we're having a 5 hours layoverat FRA Terminal 1. The PP lounge is located land-side before security, inconvenient if you ask me. There are how ever two lounges in Terminal 2, will be able to visit them without have re-clear security?

EK

Last edited by GOTBound; Jun 9, 2017 at 8:00 am
Old Jun 9, 2017, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

As far as I know at Terminal 2 security is at the gate. So all lounges are landside but after passport control.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Ok, thanks.
Would imigration be an issue transfering from T1 to T2 (we hold EU passports). I was thinking more of if we need to move from Schengen to Non-Schengen, and we would be allowed just to visit the Lounge.

EK

Last edited by GOTBound; Jun 9, 2017 at 8:17 am
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Erikderek_SWE
Ok, thanks.
Would imigration be an issue transfering from T1 to T2 (we hold EU passports). I was thinking more of if we need to move from Schengen to Non-Schengen, and we would be allowed just to visit the Lounge.

EK
Normally you are not allowed to enter the non-Schengen area without a ticket leaving from there. If there is the only lounge (like CDG) you could get a special pass at information. But it's in this case stated on the website
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:25 am
Original Poster

I understand, thank you for the quick reply.

EK
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:31 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Erikderek_SWE
On our way back, we're having a 5 hours layoverat FRA Terminal 1. The PP lounge is located land-side before security, inconvenient if you ask me. There are how ever two lounges in Terminal 2, will be able to visit them without have re-clear security?
If you go to one of the PP lounges in T2 you will have to clear security on return to T1. Since you will have to clear passport control and security in FRA in any case, going to the PP lounge in T1 landside does not involve any additional passport control or security check. It is also closer to the arrival/departure gates.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If you go to one of the PP lounges in T2 you will have to clear security on return to T1. Since you will have to clear passport control and security in FRA in any case, going to the PP lounge in T1 landside does not involve any additional passport control or security check. It is also closer to the arrival/departure gates.
Ok. We'll stay in T1 then.

EK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.