Wiki Posts
Search

Fast track at Munich

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2016, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QANTAS
Fast track at Munich

Hello all. I was wanting some advice from people who have used Munich airport lately. I am flying in on Air-Berlin from Berlin in business and will fly out on the Emirates A380 in First (Qantas codeshare). I am QF Plat. Does Munich have a fast-track lane for immigration/security for outgoing passengers? What was your experience of the terminal at Munich? Many thanks.

I'm new here - so hope I got this right
Old Oct 16, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Just follow the transfer/connection signs. There are fast-track lanes at least for security (although I don't know if there will even be security for connecting passengers). Both flights will be at Terminal 1, which has a minimum connection time of 35 minutes - no worries!

Last edited by ritesa; Oct 16, 2016 at 7:47 am
Old Oct 16, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by ritesa
I don't think you even need to go through immigration/security,
Depends on how he booked the tickets. I'm not sure if AB will check thru luggage to EK.

In any case, you'll have to pass immigration. The AB flight is a domestic flight. When transiting onto an international flight leaving the Schengen area, you'll obviously need to pass immigration.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:24 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Moving this thread over to the Germany forum - let's see if the MUC experts there can add their insight. Please continue to follow this topic in the Germany forum.

stut
Europe Forum
Old Oct 20, 2016, 6:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
EK departs from T1C, AB arrives in T1A. If you have no luggage or its checked thru, you stay on the level you deplaned from and don't go down the stairs to the luggage belt /exit, but look for the signs to transfer B/C. After a passport control you are in B/C and can go to the EK lounge in C. No separate lanes there, but unlikely there is a need.

If you have to recheck baggage, you collect it from the belt, walk out arrivals in T1A and walk towards T1C to the EK checkin desk. They will issue you the required Boarding pass so you can use the separate passport/security lane in T1C and don't have to stand in line with the unwashed masses. AFAIR EK has no special arrangements for F pax in MUC.

MUC airport offers a VIP transfer/departure service, which can be booked for a relatively low fee: http://www.munich-airport.de/en/cons...takt/index.jsp
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by oliver2002;27370622
MUC airport offers a VIP transfer/departure service, which can be booked for a relatively low fee: [url
http://www.munich-airport.de/en/consumer/aufenthalt_trans/vip_new/kontakt/index.jsp[/url]
How much do they charge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.