Wiki Posts
Search

Frankfurt Eating/Tourist Options

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA/Hawaiian/Marriott
Frankfurt Eating/Tourist Options

I've got one of my FAM buddies coming into Frankfurt in a few weeks.

His turnaround will be less than 24 hours and he's wanting to get out and about for a bit.

Thoughts of stuff to do during the day...?

TIA.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It depends on what you're interested in. Good Italian at l'unizo on Mendelssohnstrasse south of Bockenheimer Landstrasse. Then go for a stroll in the Palmengarten.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: M&M, A3*G, Flying Blue, HHonors
Agree with LondonElite, it really depends what you're interested in.
My suggestion for "standards" would be: if the weather is bad, he could visit Städel museum. If the weather is nice, go for a walk by the Main river, or take a boat trip (1-2 hrs). The city center is less than 20 mins by train from the airport, with pedestrian zone and shopping, and what's left of historical buildings (rather, what's been rebuilt after the war). Can be surrounded on foot in about an hour.
another option is to go to Wiesbaden or Mainz, which have more historical architecture and "German feel" left.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.