Wiki Posts
Search

Coburg

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2016, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler
Coburg

I need to be in Coburg for two days in mid July for research purposes.

Current travel plan is TXL-NUE (Eurowings) and then onwards to Coburg via rental car.

1. Considering the idea of taking the ICE train from Berlin to Lichtenfels so I can check out Leipzig while enroute. Does Lichtenfels have a rental car agency at the station?

2. Any hotel, restaurant or sightseeing recommendations? Callenberg is on my must-do list.

3. How about suggestions for finding a local translator as I may need research assistance at the Staatarchiv.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 1:16 pm

Hey there,

I don't think there are rental cars available at Lichtenfels, because it is actually a rather small station.

However, if you want to check out Leipzig, why not pick up a car there? It should take about 2-3 hours to drive to Coburg from there and if you have a little more time, I can highly recommend going to Weimar and Erfurt too.

And sorry, but I can't really help you with advice for sights and a translator in that area, but hopefully someone else on FT will be able to help you.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler
Originally Posted by bacchus85
Hey there,

I don't think there are rental cars available at Lichtenfels, because it is actually a rather small station.

However, if you want to check out Leipzig, why not pick up a car there? It should take about 2-3 hours to drive to Coburg from there and if you have a little more time, I can highly recommend going to Weimar and Erfurt too.

And sorry, but I can't really help you with advice for sights and a translator in that area, but hopefully someone else on FT will be able to help you.
Thanks for the reply. I'll consider the idea of renting a car in Leipzig and checking out Weimar and Erfurt while enroute to Coburg. Could also drop the rental car at NUE before heading to VIE. Decisions, decisions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.