Search

Short Fernbf-T2 Connection at FRA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by splitinfinitive
Reviving this as this is the closest thread I've come across for my query:

Arriving Terminal 2 at FRA at 12.50 (non EU passport). Have check-in baggage. Is it possible to catch a 13.50 ICE at the Fernbahnhof (assuming flight arrives on time)? Flying J - if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for your help!
It's certainly not impossible, but I definitely wouldn't risk it with a non-flexible train ticket.

Even with an on-time departure you could easily face:

- 15min from remote stand to the terminal
- 5min walk within the terminal
- 10min wait at immigration (flying J won't help you except possibly being at the front of the line)
- 10min wait for baggage to be delivered
- 10min to get to T1 via Skytrain (or bus if you're unlucky)
- 5-10min walk to get to your track

I've managed to get to the train station within 30min of arrival, but it's also taken me >75min.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, IHG One
Thanks so much for your inputs - really helps!
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: M&M, A3*G, Flying Blue, HHonors
basically agree with Jasper2009, but I think he's calculating the walking time within Terminal 1 for Regionalbahnhof, not Fernbahnhof. Fernbahnhof is more like 15 mins walk from getting off the sky train in my experience (from the bus stop it's closer, but the buses run less frequently).
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, IHG One
Whew....

Made it. With 40 seconds to spare. Totally not worth the sprint, and the panic (and the sweating in this ridiculously hot weather....)

Flight was on time, first off the plane, first to immigration, luggage took a while, caught the inter terminal shuttle which by a stroke of luck was right outside, ready to leave. And it still took 50 min. Never again!

Originally Posted by ningyo
basically agree with Jasper2009, but I think he's calculating the walking time within Terminal 1 for Regionalbahnhof, not Fernbahnhof. Fernbahnhof is more like 15 mins walk from getting off the sky train in my experience (from the bus stop it's closer, but the buses run less frequently).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.