Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10 hr layover Frankfurt T1

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

10 hr layover Frankfurt T1

HI folks....I have a 10 hr layover in Frankfurt coming up in November, arriving and departing from T1. My problem is that I dont have a Schengen visa so I would have to stay in the transit area/airside the whole time. I do have Priority pass, but the lounge appears to be in T2.

what are my options to spend that much time airside? thanks!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:38 am

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Silver, IHG Spire Elite, HHonors Silver, RapidRewards
Are we to assume you cannot enter Schengen on a tourist visa?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 2:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
There is a PP lounge in FRA T1, but it is landslide (and rubbish really). If you cannot get a Schengen visa, you'll have no choice but to stay in T1. There are plenty of quiet areas at the far ends of the A wing where you can have a snooze, and food and drink won't be a problem.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 4:54 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Welcome to FT, devmd! If you can post where you are travelling from and to, I may be able to suggest the best place to spend your time in T1.

Originally Posted by FonzieBone
Are we to assume you cannot enter Schengen on a tourist visa?
The OP will have to obtain a Schengen visa to go landside.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Frankfurt layover

correct - I cannot enter Schengen on a tourist visa - my visa expires about 2 weeks before I land and I don't feel like taking a day trip to re-apply for it when I would only use it for a day

I arrive on United around 11 am and depart on AI around 930pm

Can I go from T1 to T2 while remaining Airside?

There is also an interesting airport tour - is that landside or airside?
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:51 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

I have only been to T2 landside but the Sky Lounge there appears to be airside and accessible from T1.

HOW TO FIND US

After passing the main passport control in Terminal 2 you will find a large Duty Free shop straight ahead of you. Turn right and head towards the newspaper shop. Follow the hallway, turn left and go straight ahead. After continuing along the hallway to it's end, you will find the entry to Sky Lounge at your right hand side.

If you are arriving at Terminal 1, take the Skytrain to Terminal 2. From the Skytrain station, you descend one escalator and proceed to the main passport control. From there just follow the directions above.
Your flight from the US should arrive in Z. From there following the signs for Departures D,E which should take you to the Skyline shuttle train (two stops) to D,E. On your way back to T1 take the Skyline shuttle train to B,C (one stop) and walk to B concourse where your AI flight is likely to depart from. You will have to clear security when you return to B.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

is the airport tour airside or landside? Cant tell from their website
Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by devmd
is the airport tour airside or landside? Cant tell from their website
You have to go landside to join the airport tour. The visitors' terrace in T2 is also landside.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 8:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

My brother is flying Lufthansa USA - FRA - India arriving and departing in terminal 1 at FRA with 4 hour layover
Does not have visa to go land side.
Can he go to T2 from T1 and back to T2 all on airside to access priority pass lounge in T2?
If so, what is the best mode of terminal transfer?
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by kcdude
My brother is flying Lufthansa USA - FRA - India arriving and departing in terminal 1 at FRA with 4 hour layover
Does not have visa to go land side.
Can he go to T2 from T1 and back to T2 all on airside to access priority pass lounge in T2?
If so, what is the best mode of terminal transfer?
No personal experience but the only way to travel between T1 and T2 without going landside is via the Skyline train as far as I know. See post #6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.