Search

Supermarket at Frankfurt Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Supermarket at Frankfurt Airport

Hello everybody,

Question: Tegut at Frankfurt airport - how big and expensive it is?

I've been asked to bring assortment of cheeses on my way back and I have 8h of connection time at FRA.

If selection/prices are not that great - is there an easily accessible place within easy short ride on train?

Thanks.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What's your route? You cannot being cheese into some countries and others restrict the type of cheese.

If you're going through AMS, they sell cheese airside there, in the duty free stores.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Tegut has a decent cheese selection and you can check Rewe as well. For Rewe, follow the signs to the Fernzugs (long-distance trains) and New Work City / The Squaire / Hiltons and the Rewe is there.

There is plenty of time to go into town. If you want nice cheese perhaps take the train to Frankfurt Süd station and from there walk up the street (toward Schweitzer Platz). You will find many shops, including some that sell cheese. Check out the Käse Becker on Schweizer Str. 66 for sure if you do this.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's your route? You cannot being cheese into some countries and others restrict the type of cheese.
FRA-SIN. Not a problem to bring cheese, I brought 10kg from States last year.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you're going through AMS, they sell cheese airside there, in the duty free stores.
No plan to go thu AMS any time soon. However FRA/ZRH is at least once a year.

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
There is plenty of time to go into town. If you want nice cheese perhaps take the train to Frankfurt Süd station and from there walk up the street (toward Schweitzer Platz). You will find many shops, including some that sell cheese. Check out the Käse Becker on Schweizer Str. 66 for sure if you do this.
Great, thank you. I will need to go to office at Waldorf, and if I consider travel time back and forth plus 2h time in the office, I do not think that I'll have too much time. That's why I asked what options are around the airport.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by invisible
FRA-SIN. Not a problem to bring cheese, I brought 10kg from States last year.

No plan to go thu AMS any time soon. However FRA/ZRH is at least once a year.

Great, thank you. I will need to go to office at Waldorf, and if I consider travel time back and forth plus 2h time in the office, I do not think that I'll have too much time. That's why I asked what options are around the airport.
Why not just hit a grocery store while in Waldorf?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Why not just hit a grocery store while in Waldorf?
I am without a car, plus nearest proper grocery store most likely is in Heidelberg.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 2:25 am

Tegut has a decent selection of cheese. I don't recall the prices being any higher than in the city.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:03 pm

There is a large Edeka in Walldorf with a good selection, if you are referring to the Walldorf south of Heidelberg, where a large software company is headquartered.

A shuttle probably costs you around 80 EUR each way, so that it might actually be cheaper to rent a car. There are some large grocery stores just off the A5, that you could hit on the way back to the airport, such as a large Kaufland in Weiterstadt.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alex71
There is a large Edeka in Walldorf with a good selection, if you are referring to the Walldorf south of Heidelberg, where a large software company is headquartered.
Exactly there. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Alex71
A shuttle probably costs you around 80 EUR each way, so that it might actually be cheaper to rent a car. There are some large grocery stores just off the A5, that you could hit on the way back to the airport, such as a large Kaufland in Weiterstadt.
I am inclined to take train instead both directions - last time car tool 1.5h to arrive and round trip would cost 40 euros.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Question about FRA - my flight arrives at 7AM. While I have checked luggage, it will be checked to the final destination and I will have only carry on.

If I need to get to ICE train, how much time do you think it would take to get there from Terminal 1's arrivals, immigration/customs and walking?

P.S. One more - the LH Arrivals Lounge at Terminal 1, arrival area B - do they allow access with Star Alliance Gold?

Last edited by invisible; Jul 12, 2015 at 8:49 pm
Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
P.S. One more - the LH Arrivals Lounge at Terminal 1, arrival area B - do they allow access with Star Alliance Gold?
No. LH/LX/UA premium cabins and LH elites only with LH/LX BPs.

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; Jul 12, 2015 at 10:01 pm Reason: Added thread link and LH/LX elites
Old Jul 12, 2015, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
No. LH/LX/UA premium cabins and LH elites only with LH/LX BPs.
Is there any other arrival lounge?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Is there any other arrival lounge?
"FRA paid lounge" = http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...ccess-fra.html
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:14 pm

As of this week, the Tegut is closed for renovation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.