Wiki Posts
Search

Splurging 1 night stay in Frankfurt for Christmas

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan

Hi all, I arrive in Frankfurt close to Christmas, early in the morning, and plan to stay a night before taking a train to Amsterdam the next day. I am there mainly to visit the Christmas Market(s).

Any recommendations for a nice hotel adjacent to any of the Christmas Markets? I'm willing to splurge a bit (up to 200 Euros) and looking for a great environment for a single traveler. I'm agnostic on whether or not it's a hotel chain like Hilton or Sofitel, but if those happen to be very good, I'll definitely look into those.

Thanks!

Last edited by TravellingBeard; Jul 7, 2015 at 2:05 pm
Old Jul 7, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi,

For something different, located quite centrally, take a look at:

Fleming's Hotel

They have a Paternoster elevator, and the rooms have an interesting shower concept (best avoided if shared with a co-worker)

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 7, 2015, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi,

For something different, located quite centrally, take a look at:

Fleming's Hotel

They have a Paternoster elevator, and the rooms have an interesting shower concept (best avoided if shared with a co-worker)

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Very nice. It looks lovely. And yes, I see what you mean by shower concept. LOL
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:56 am
Suspended

Look at the Intercontinental Frankfurt!
Frankfurt is a Business City over Holidays the IC can be very cheap (in my case I get a Suite for 100€).
Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Splurging and €200 for a Frankfurt hotel room at Christmas time do not exactly reconcile, but the best hotels in Frankfurt are the following:

- Rocco Forte Villa Kennedy
- Jumeirah Frankfurt
- Frankfurter Hof
- Hessischer Hof

...and not necessarily in that order.

Forget Hilton, Westin, Marriott, Flemings, etc... they are (standardised) rubbish. Check Kayak for your dates and book accordingly. Personally I would go for Villa Kennedy.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Personally I would go for Villa Kennedy.
Tend to agree but for location the other 3 are more central. Stayed at the IC years ago and it was already totally dated years ago. Cant see any renovations....

Splurging and €200 for a Frankfurt hotel room at Christmas time do not exactly reconcile.
100% agree

Last edited by offerendum; Jul 10, 2015 at 3:37 am
Old Jul 10, 2015, 5:02 am
Suspended

No renovations for the IC in sight.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:16 am
Suspended

thats true but the Suites are extreme Cheap during hollidays.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by ToGo
thats true but the Suites are extreme Cheap during hollidays.
With good reason...... I would say you get what you pay. Not really bad but not splurging in any way.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your help. So it looks like I MAY go a bit earlier, closer to beginning of December but I assume some of the availability will be similar, although perhaps a bit more. Great food for thought so thank you!
Old Jul 18, 2015, 12:58 pm

Splurging and €200 for a Frankfurt hotel room at Christmas time do not exactly reconcile, but the best hotels in Frankfurt are the following:

- Rocco Forte Villa Kennedy
- Jumeirah Frankfurt
- Frankfurter Hof
- Hessischer Hof

...and not necessarily in that order.
I agree with that selection, and you should be able to book those hotels for EUR 200 or less in December if you are happy with a standard room, with the exception of Villa Kennedy, which is closer to EUR 250-280.

Location-wise, Jumeirah would be best; 2 minutes walk from where the Christmas Market starts. Frankfurter Hof is also fine, it's located between the Christmas Market and the main train station, both in easy walking distance.

Personally, I feel Villa Kennedy is the nicest. In December, they have beautiful Christmas decorations in the interior courtyard, and they lit the fireplace in the lounge. But you will need a taxi to get anywhere.

Hessischer Hof just completed a renovation, but its location next to the trade fair is also not ideal for the Christmas Market.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

So after thinking about it a while, will most likely stay in the Jumeirah for a couple of nights, to give me time to explore neighbouring towns' Christmas Markets as well. It seems to have the best balance of what I need, and it looks delightful.

Thanks again for everyone's help.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Staying in Frankfurt overnight and would love to know if there are any hotel specials? Are there Groupon's for Frankfurt or similar sites where decent rooms can be head for a lower price? Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by ACC2008
Staying in Frankfurt overnight and would love to know if there are any hotel specials? Are there Groupon's for Frankfurt or similar sites where decent rooms can be head for a lower price? Thanks
From time to time surely. If you have a look at the usual sites (hrs, booking) you normally should find some deals.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Outside of trade fairs, and on Thursday through Sunday nights, Frankfurt hotels are typically very reasonable for the quality you get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.