Search

Uber in Germany

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Also in Germany you can take any taxi in the queue. If you see a banged up dirty taxi in the stand you are free to take the one that appeals to you in the queue.
Absolutely. But I wouldn´t count on getting a medal for it from the other drivers.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by offerendum
Absolutely. But I wouldn´t count on getting a medal for it from the other drivers.
Once I needed to be quickly in downtown, so I walked to the Sheraton near my home and hopped in the first taxi in line. It was the classic taxi you don't want: old unkept mercedes, nasty driver etc etc. When I told him where I wanted to go he flipped out: 'the one before you went to the airport, the guy behind you also wanted to go to the airport, and you are only going downtown for 12€!'

I politely told him that I would also prefer to sit in a clean taxi and he is free to let me go at the next kerb. But that I would make sure his behaviour is reported. That cooled him down a bit. Of course at the end I paid by card for which magically had a machine in the glove compartment
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Not only does the Uber app not work in STR, I also could not get a taxi to show up using the Free Now app. This was at the Stuttgart Marriott.

However, using a conventional taxi from the Marriott to a university illustrated how much the airport taxi driver overcharged me when taking me to the Marriott.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Xeno
Not only does the Uber app not work in STR, I also could not get a taxi to show up using the Free Now app. This was at the Stuttgart Marriott.

However, using a conventional taxi from the Marriott to a university illustrated how much the airport taxi driver overcharged me when taking me to the Marriott.
Often you pay legally a surcharge if the journey starts at the airport.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Received an email from Uber yesterday saying they are now launching in Hamburg.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Xeno

Can you explain please?
offerendum likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by LondonElite

Can you explain please?
If I rightly understand your query, the taxi from the Marriott to the university went by the airport. I then saw how short the actual distance was from the airport to the Marriott.

My taxi driver at the airport wore a tie, but he took me on the scenic route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.