Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Uber in Germany

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2015, 4:59 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by mfkne
The legal situation of Uber (especially UberPop) in Germany is dubious at best.
I'm aware of that but that's not what I asked...
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:30 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I'm rather surprised by the possibility to call an Uber Pop driver via the app in Germany. Uber and the driver would have to face substantial penalties if authorities catch them offering their services IMO or if some person would alert the authorities after witnessing the situation... IIRC the court has issued a ruling with a 250k € penalty if Uber would act against the ruling.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 5:33 am

UberPOP wasn't even on offer in Hamburg. Only UberX.
Maybe I should add that my enquiry is only regading UberX and UberBlack.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:26 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
With the new restrictions on Uber, it is essentially equivalent to myDriver or Blacklane, where authorised limo operators flog their spare capacities.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 11:08 am
Suspended

Is Lyft operating in Germany? (I prefer them, they treat the workers better)
Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:49 am

I used them quite heavily last weekend in Munich and it worked perfectly (both UberX and UberBlack).
Old Oct 10, 2015, 4:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My brother, his wife and I used it in Berlin back in July. The car arrived quickly and was a new Mercedes. The driver was great and got us to our destination quickly. Mind you it was also nearly 100F outside and we couldn't find a cab so being able to get Uber was a lifesaver.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 5:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Question. I fly into Stuttgart on a Monday night and stay at the Holiday Inn by the airport.

I have a 11.00am meeting the next morning at the mercedes factory at Affalterbach which I am told is at least 30km from the airport and with current road constructions on the highways and traffic jams can delay the drive to the factory.

I am also on a budget so I am asking if it makes sense to take a train into downtown Stuttgart and then to Affalterbach and then get a taxi to the factory and back to the station by taxi and then take the train back to Stuttgart and then by 2-3pm to take a train to munich.

Or is it just more practical to rent a car?

I need to be in munich by 5.30pm as we need to get to the Allianz Arena by 8.00pm.

Last edited by wolf72; Jul 23, 2017 at 4:08 am
Old Jul 23, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: LH M+M
Moved out of Stuttgart in 2010, so experience a bit dated, but I think it's unlikely the road-traffic situation has improved at all.

Airport is in the very south, AMG up north - which means either taking a bigger detour to avoid the city and rushhour ploughing into it - or face that two ways.

S-Bahn airport/Kirchberg is 1h15m, Kirchberg/mainstation 45m. ICE (express to Munich) is 2h15m leaving hourly (15:19 one should fit your goal).
Kirchberg is outpost-ish so dont expect to walk up to a waiting taxi, better prearrange by Uber or the aforementioned myTaxi-app -- or ask the host to pick you up in Kirchberg or Backnang?

HTH and have a safe trip
Old Jul 23, 2017, 2:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Once again, there is no Uber in Germany. I would rent a car at the airport. It's much less hassle. How do you plan to get to Munich?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Moved out of Stuttgart in 2010, so experience a bit dated, but I think it's unlikely the road-traffic situation has improved at all.

Airport is in the very south, AMG up north - which means either taking a bigger detour to avoid the city and rushhour ploughing into it - or face that two ways.

S-Bahn airport/Kirchberg is 1h15m, Kirchberg/mainstation 45m. ICE (express to Munich) is 2h15m leaving hourly (15:19 one should fit your goal).
Kirchberg is outpost-ish so dont expect to walk up to a waiting taxi, better prearrange by Uber or the aforementioned myTaxi-app -- or ask the host to pick you up in Kirchberg or Backnang?

HTH and have a safe trip
Thanks for the information mate. Appreciate it.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Once again, there is no Uber in Germany. I would rent a car at the airport. It's much less hassle. How do you plan to get to Munich?
Yes, will have to go that route I think. No other real choices especially if I want to get to Munich by evening. Just not looking forward to the traffic jams.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
My guess is that you're looking at the better part of three hours to Munich from there. A8 has a few construction sites and traffic may be an issue as it's holiday time.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:55 am
Suspended

My guess is that you're looking at the better part of three hours to Munich from there. A8 has a few construction sites and traffic may be an issue as it's holiday time.
Yes, I had a quick look last night and it's unavoidable. Oh well, better to know in advance than leave the Merc factory late and then end up getting into Munich later than we had hoped with all that construction and traffic.

Oh well...hopefully the sun will be out and it will be a good week.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: Qantas LTG, BA-Blue, KLM -Gold, SAS - Silver
Once again, there is no Uber in Germany.
What happened? I last used Uber in Munich just two weeks ago.

It's linked to cab companies but works off your phone app same as it does anywhere else. Or used to as recently as 13 July 2017.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.