German food in Frankfurt: Recommendation for beer/meat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.

Myself and a group of friends are heading for the Christmas Markets in Frankfurt this weekend.

There'll be about 7 of us, and after a hard days, er, drinking and eating sausages: we'd like to find somewhere relaxed, and traditional, for dinner. It would be great if we could find some cosy wood-pannelled restaurant somewhere, and drink beer and eat pork knuckles and potatoes and stuff.

Klosterhof has been suggested, anyone else have any recommendations?

Thanks

BL.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:28 am

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Silver
Hmm cosy is the problem. The traditional places are are rather rustic than cosy and very busy. Like Wagners, Atsche or Feuerrädchen (all three are in Sachsenhausen and a 10 to 15 minute walk away from the Christmas Market). Zu den 12 Aposteln is supposed to be nice especially if you want to drink beer instead of apple wine.
It will be hard to find seating for seven people without reservations. You should try and make a reservation if possible.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: LH Sen, SPG Platinium, Sixt Platinum
Everything will be quite busy before christmas.. you should do a reservation!
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:09 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I am also suggest making a reservation.

I add Fichtekränzi to the list of recommendation, but fund Wagners to be a bit too touristic on my last visit. Keep in mind, that local restaurnts did not take credit cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.