Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 1/2 days in Munich

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

1 1/2 days in Munich

Landing at 9:50 am 17th in Munich. Have until early am on 19th to get in Brussels. Suggestions on what to see since we have very little time? What will be our best bang with such little time? Also affordable motel suggestions since we will be without a car.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 3:53 pm

With so little time, I'd probably visit the English Garden, perhaps the Residenz or another museum, and hit a beer hall or two.

Depending on the weather, you could instead try a bike tour to get a nice overview of the city.

Munich is wonderful. Pick a few easy things to see and plan on returning.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Bier at a biergarten, stroll around the Marienplatz main square, wait for the Glockenspeil.
I like the Deutsches Museum if you are at all into science/engineering.
Stroll among the food stalls of the bustling Viktualienmarkt, have a brat and a bier.
I quite enjoyed dinner at the Augustiner Keller.

Not sure your age, but given you are going to be there on a Saturday night, if you are young, you can check out the Kunstpark, an industrial park turned into a collection of nightclubs.

Stroll along the Leopoldstr. and Ludwigstr. (main street from Marienplatz) stop for a bier or two along the way.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: CO-Plat/UA-1P, HHonors-Gold
If you want a quick overview, New Europe Tours is pretty good and you just have to tip your guide.

Andechs am Dom is a great stop for dinner and beer.

I'd also recommend walking around the English Garden.

If you're into Architecture, you should explore Fuenf Hofe while you're downtown.

You really can't go wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.