Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short LY->BA Connection in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Short LY->BA Connection in FRA

I booked a trip to London via Frankfurt on LY and BA. The connection time in FRA is 1h15m, which is under the MCT, but still seems risky. I just noticed that my scheduled connection is to BA's last flight of the day to LHR.

How risky is this connection? Anything we can do to make sure we catch our flight? What are our options of we miss it?

Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:23 am

Is it one booking or two?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:30 am
Original Poster

one booking.

thnx
Old Mar 20, 2012, 12:18 pm

If it's one booking then it's LY's responsibility to get you to London.

If I'm looking at the right schedules then it looks like there is a flight on LH about an hour after the last BA one. Space permitting they would hopefully rebook you on the LH flight.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by eyal
I booked a trip to London via Frankfurt on LY and BA. The connection time in FRA is 1h15m, which is under the MCT, but still seems risky. I just noticed that my scheduled connection is to BA's last flight of the day to LHR.

How risky is this connection? Anything we can do to make sure we catch our flight? What are our options of we miss it?

Thanks!
If it´s on one ticket, it´s LY´s responsibility to rebook you. That being said, I´m surprised about that routing. LY has several flights per day from TLV to London and I´ve never seen a routing offered via FRA.

IIRC LY uses T1 concourse C at FRA while BA uses T2, so you´ll have to take the skytrain between T1 and T2 and of course go through security in T2 and possibly take the bus to the BA plane.

Not impossible to do in 1:15h, but certainly no fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.