Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

25 hours in Munich - what do you recommend!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2011, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.

Arriving in Munich after a meeting and will be there for 25 hours in Mid January 2012.

I would love to be in Downtown area, meeting people, enjoying good German food and beer. What do you recommend?

What is your recommendation to stay close to town, close to metro so I can get back to Munich Airport in decent shape as I have a 11:00 AM flight to catch back to US.

Look forward to responses here. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
With that short a period, I'd embrace your corny tourist side and catch a performance of the glockenspiel and then visit the Hofbrauhaus.

I loved Munich. Enjoy your day there.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 7:51 pm

Going to be there for the same amount of time. Subscribed.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you have an early flight out of MUC, consider the park and fly offer: http://www.kempinski.com/en/munichai...tPackages.aspx

Otherwise get a cheap hotel in town, buy an airport city ticket for 10.80 and take the S8 or S1 into town. Get out at Marienplatz, take a look at downtown, then the BMW world to check out all the current BMW models and a paid tour of the plant (optional) if the weather is bad. If the weather is fine, stroll across the olympic park just a cross the street from the olympic park. For afternoon/dinner do the kitschy Hofbuhaus or walk thru the Tal to explore the night life.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K M, AA 2 MM PREM, AVIS First, HYATT Explorist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum., Hilton Gold.
Gret suggestions!

Great suggestions - thank you!

I would like to see the BMW display but am arriving on a Sunday afternoon.

Does anyone knows where one can catch NFL in Munich?

Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The BMW display is open till late at night if you dine at the Do&Co restaurant No one checks if you dine there.

The Marriott 'champions' sports bar has 'ESPN America' on most of the time, check their schedule if the game you want to watch will be broadcast. @:-)

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...arriott-hotel/
Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:24 am
Suspended

Munich is very nice - use the time.
here you got the top 20 sites there:
http://www.muenchen.de/sehenswuerdig...n.html?index=1
I`d say go into the center and pick 2 or 3 and then go into the Hofbruhaus
www.hofbraeuhaus.de
this is a real classic!
With cab or public transportation your quite quickly back at the airport - unless you get drunk comletely
have a good
time
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:31 am
Suspended

I guess that there are many dissimilar ways of looking at Munich. The city is a edifying Mecca for both Germany and Bavaria; there are exclusive fun spots for all ages. It is an amazing locality for day trips, and one wouldn't see everything in a month; but if I was given only 1 day in Munich, Marianplatz, Viktualienmarkt, old museums and churches, are my suggestions.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Travelstar600
Munich is very nice - use the time.
here you got the top 20 sites there:
http://www.muenchen.de/sehenswuerdig...n.html?index=1
I`d say go into the center and pick 2 or 3 and then go into the Hofbruhaus
www.hofbraeuhaus.de
this is a real classic!
With cab or public transportation your quite quickly back at the airport - unless you get drunk comletely
have a good
time
From what I hear, the Hofbruhaus is likely to be filled with Japanese tourists. Check out this guide:

http://www.europeanbeerguide.net/munipubs.htm

There are several intriguing options, and I'm looking forward to trying many of them come April.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.