Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Mobile SIM at Tegel TXL

Mobile SIM at Tegel TXL

Old May 6, 11, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Mobile SIM at Tegel TXL

I've looked through various threads on getting a mobile SIM at Tegel TXL at T-Punkt. Do any of you Tegel flyers know if this store is still open? It does not appear on the airport's website as a shop or service, nor can I find it on the T-Punkt website. If it closed, any suggestions on getting a SIM upon arrival at Tegel? Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Old May 7, 11, 4:36 am

Hi,
I'm not sure whether the shop is still open. However getting a SIM-Card in Berlin shouldn't be a problem. After Tegel, where are you going?
757DUD
Old May 8, 11, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 757DUD View Post
Hi,
I'm not sure whether the shop is still open. However getting a SIM-Card in Berlin shouldn't be a problem. After Tegel, where are you going?
757DUD
Thanks, 757DUD. Yeah, I'm good with getting the SIM in Berlin, but I want to call right after arrival.

Does anyone know if/think that one of the other airport shops (like a bookshop) might have mobile SIMs?
Old May 9, 11, 3:30 am

Programs: KLM, Thalys
If you need to make a phone call quickly after arrival, why don't you use a public phone instead of buying what will probably be an expensive SIM card? Even if you can buy a SIM card at Tegel, you will probably have to pay more for the card, as well as more for making calls.
Old May 9, 11, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JoostvD View Post
If you need to make a phone call quickly after arrival, why don't you use a public phone instead of buying what will probably be an expensive SIM card? Even if you can buy a SIM card at Tegel, you will probably have to pay more for the card, as well as more for making calls.
Thanks, JoostvD. I've thought of that, just trying to get a lay of the land at the airport.
Old May 11, 11, 6:04 am

TXL is not exactly the most modern, expansive airport in Germany. On landing there often isn't much.

Buying a SIM via Tchibo, Lidl, ALDI, electronics shop etc would be much easier, combined with using a pay phone on landing.
Old May 12, 11, 5:23 am

Hi,
when are you arriving in TXL? I'm picking tomorrow somebody up there. cheers
757DUD
Old May 15, 11, 4:23 pm

Hi,
at the moment there is no store to pick-up a sim-card. You either have to make an expensive roaming call, use a public phone or wait 15 min till you reach the city.

Search this Thread