Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Public transport to TXL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Public transport to TXL

I'm going a Eastern Europe tour in May, and the last stop is in Berlin. The tour organisers are arranging transport to the airport (TXL), but at 9:00am whereas my flight is only at 6pm!

Is it feasible to take public transport to the airport later in the day? My hotel is in Storkower Strasse (corner with Landsberger).

I tried to use a 'connection finder', but it had me taking two different buses to get there, which might be a bit awkward with luggage. Are there any airport specific buses, hopefully direct? Or a train? (Something like Airlink in Dublin, or the Gatwick Express in London).
Old Mar 2, 2011, 7:41 am

Unfortunately, there's no direct connection from Storkower Str to TXL (and TXL does not have any train connections). But getting there on public transport should not be a problem, even with some luggage: You could take the S-Bahn (suburban train) from Storkower Str to Beusselstr and change to the airport bus ("TXL") there. At Beusselstr station, there's a lift up to the bus stop. Total travel time is about 30 minutes, with both the train and the bus running very frequently (every 10 minutes).

If you don't want to drag your luggage, you could consider taking a cab - that should cost you about 25-30 EUR.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Use the arranged transport, check-in your luggage, use bus TXL to Unter den Linden and you are back in the heart of town. This will be by far easier than going into town from Storkower Straße and going back to the hotel to collect your luggage.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Use the arranged transport, check-in your luggage, use bus TXL to Unter den Linden and you are back in the heart of town. This will be by far easier than going into town from Storkower Straße and going back to the hotel to collect your luggage.
Ooh, that's a good idea! I wouldn't have thought of that... can you normally check in that long before your flight, though?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ceejay_za
Ooh, that's a good idea! I wouldn't have thought of that... can you normally check in that long before your flight, though?
This depends on the airline. Should be no problem when departing on LH. You can, however, always store you luggage at TXL And as I foresee the next question: There are several ways to get from each part of the city to Tegel airport. The most poular ones are the X9 and 109 bus from City West amd Zoo station and the TXL bus from City East and Main Station. The subway connects to bus services to the airport at several stations. Normal travel time is 25 to 30 minutes.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 3:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by Zaphod
You could take the S-Bahn (suburban train) from Storkower Str to Beusselstr and change to the airport bus ("TXL") there.
If you want a more scenic route, you can also take the Subway (U4) to Alexanderplatz (The stops Samariterstraße or Frankfurter Allee should be only a few hundred meters away from your hotel) and change to the TXL bus there. They'll drive you along the entire "tourist route" between Alexanderplatz and the Brandenburger Tor, and you'll very likely get a seat as the TXL bus starts at Alexanderplatz. The total travel time will increase to about 45 minutes.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
This depends on the airline. Should be no problem when departing on LH. You can, however, always store you luggage at TXL And as I foresee the next question: There are several ways to get from each part of the city to Tegel airport. The most poular ones are the X9 and 109 bus from City West amd Zoo station and the TXL bus from City East and Main Station. The subway connects to bus services to the airport at several stations. Normal travel time is 25 to 30 minutes.
Awesome! Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.