Wiki Posts
Search

FRA Intercontinental

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2010, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
FRA Intercontinental

Instead of simply passing by like I usually do, I'll be overnighting in Frankfurt and catching my connection the following morning. I'm planning to get a room in town near the Hauptbahnhof and the Intercontinental looks like a good option. Is this hotel walking distance from the train station bearing in mind that I'll be towing my rollerboard luggage behind me?
Old Jul 21, 2010, 1:38 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by SMF2SAN
Instead of simply passing by like I usually do, I'll be overnighting in Frankfurt and catching my connection the following morning. I'm planning to get a room in town near the Hauptbahnhof and the Intercontinental looks like a good option. Is this hotel walking distance from the train station bearing in mind that I'll be towing my rollerboard luggage behind me?
Yes, not a problem. I've done it lots of times with my rollerboard. OTOH, when you have heavy baggage, it can be difficult to convince a taxi driver to drive you there or back.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 3:07 am

Programs: LH M&M SEN, bmi DC Gold, CO Gold Elite, bahn.comfort nothing
And you should have in mind that it all takes its time to get from the airport to the main station (Hauptbahnhof) and back, etc.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by piiit
And you should have in mind that it all takes its time to get from the airport to the main station (Hauptbahnhof) and back, etc.
Sure: Train from the airport takes 12 to 15 minutes. Walk from the main station to the IC is at the utmost 5 to 10 minutes, I do it quite frequently and it takes me without luggage four minutes. However, without ambassador status the IC is a not so good (others would say poor) choice. The standard rooms are rather standard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.