Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting to Train in CGN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Connecting to Train in CGN

Could someone please help me see the size of the CGN airport because the map on their web site does not have a scale. I booked an ICE ticket in the train station 45 minutes after my germanwings (Terminal 1) flight lands. Considering luggage might take 30 minutes to come out, is it unreasonable to assume 15 minutes to get to the train?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
No, this is certainly possible without too much problems.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Terminal 1 in CGN has now one central arrival area. (basically after luggage belts, everybody appear out of the same exit) From there walk straight towards Terminal 2 and make your way all the way downstairs where the train station is.

If you travel towards the south from the airport, your train will likely depart from the closer platform, if you go towards the north (through Cologne city), your train will likely depart on the second platform.
Old May 18, 2017, 12:39 pm

Hi,

if the flight's scheduled arrival is 08:00, how feasible is to catch the train departing at 08:22 ?
Old May 18, 2017, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Impossible, especially if you have luggage and/or are behind the wing on the plane, I would recommend at least an hour.
Old May 19, 2017, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by N104UA
Impossible, especially if you have luggage and/or are behind the wing on the plane, I would recommend at least an hour.
+1 - I have done 30 minutes, but 22 is impossible

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.