Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

F-Kelsterbach question

F-Kelsterbach question

Old Jan 27, 10, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Silver, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
F-Kelsterbach question

Is the Kelsterbach S-bahn station within walking distance to the Kelsterbach airport hotels, specifically the Ibis? Roughly how far is the station from the hotel?

Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 10, 2:33 am

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by etch5895 View Post
Is the Kelsterbach S-bahn station within walking distance to the Kelsterbach airport hotels, specifically the Ibis? Roughly how far is the station from the hotel?

Thanks.
According to Google Maps it is 1.5 km (about 1 mile). If I got the address of the Ibis right...
Old Jan 27, 10, 5:55 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Accor gold, M&M FTL, BA Blue, QR Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by etch5895 View Post

Thanks.
Kelsterbach S-Bahn is in Kelsterbach town, whereas the Aiport hotels are usually just north of the A5 Motorway, close-ish to the airport (but within Kelsterbach city limits - hence the address). IBIS is a bit closer to the S-Bahn than most, but I'd reckon it's a good 30 mins to walk. It's usually easier to catch a shuttle from the airport, IBIS offers one free of charge.
There is also a bus stop on the main road that goes past the IBIS, and the bus goes to Kelsterbach station. But only every hour or so.
Old Jan 27, 10, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL Silver, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
Ouch. A 30 minute walk is not what I had in mind. I decided to stay near the Hbf and just catch a train in to the airport in the morning. Being tied down to a shuttle bus schedule is not really my idea of fun. Also, I'm guessing the eating is much better around the Hbf at night.
Old Feb 14, 11, 10:50 am

Programs: BA, IB, DC, Amex PP, Motel 6, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel
Kelsterbach - train frequency to FRA ?

Hello

I have a layover at FRA in a couple of months and am figuring to overnight in Kelsterbach.

From the google map there appears to be a S-bahn line from the airport to the town - can anyone tell me the frequency of the trains and how much it might cost ?

Also - part of the attraction of staying in Kelsterbach lies in eating 'local' - is the town OK for typically German food and beers ?

Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 11, 4:21 pm

Programs: Miles&More Blue, SPG Platinum
What about all the hotels around the airport that have free shuttles? They are not that expansive. For train information go to RMV Public Transport

Search this Thread