Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Cosmo Las Vegas Identity: thanks for a great 7 months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold

In mid-2021 I switched from Marriott Bonvoy to Cosmopolitan Las Vegas's Identity for my stays at that property. As I planned around 10 stays there in the remainder of 2021 and early 2022, it turned out to be a good move and I got a lot of benefit. Note that I do not gamble. Like, literally, not. at. all. (OK, I did play the free $5 one gets when signing up for Identity.)

I signed up for Identity in June 2021. Over the course of the next 7 months (ending in Jan 2022) I got lots of benefits as I rose through the tier level, eventually reaching platinum in September if memory serves. When staying at the Cosmo I typically do all my eating and drinking there. I like to stay in a variety of room categories.

I got
  • 5 comp'ed nights for myself -- around $1500 in value
  • 4 comp'ed nights for companions -- around $1200 in value
  • About $1000 in waived resort fees
  • numerous transfers between hotel and airport in a hotel Escalade -- maybe around $250 in savings
  • around 15 free buffets, and never waiting on line more than a few minutes for any of them even when pretty crowded -- maybe $650 in value
  • around $850 in cash discounts in spending around the hotel (Identity basically gives members a 5% discount)
  • two-for-one show tickets for Billy Idol and Maroon 5 -- around $600 in value
  • a couple of great room upgrades -- maybe $1000 in value
So ~$7000 in perks over the course of 7 months, on a total spend of about $17500. These are all published benefits; I was never assigned a host (makes sense, since I don't gamble).

My life priorities have changed and although I am still Platinum status, I'm not likely to return to Cosmo during my remaining elite period... plus, with MGM's purchase pending it's highly likely that Identity will go away in favor of M-Life later this year.

Still I think my experience shows just how generous the Identity program could be (or -- sadly -- was).
SacTownGuy likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 4:40 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I'm also shocked at just how rewarding Identity is. From just a one-night stay (with various spend), I'm 2/3s of the way to Sterling. I wonder what will happen to it as it's absorbed into MGM...
Old Jan 16, 2023, 7:39 pm

Last edited by Z1456rh; Jan 16, 2023 at 7:44 pm
Old Feb 16, 2023, 4:50 am

I just hit gold early January...hoping I get to take advantage of that this year. Still no date on an MGM switch over, correct?
Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just came back from Vegas and I stayed at Aria. However I love to play at Cosmo so I played slots there for about 6 hours one day & 3 another day. I did really well on the slots so I was basically only playing with their money the whole time but I am still a very small time player & bet only minimums most of the time...very small time. So I was shocked when I received an offer now that I am home for 2 comped nights. Of course when I searched their calendars I could only find one free night over the next few months (I won't go in the summer when it is 200 degrees) so I grabbed it. I could get other nights for reduced rates but I think I am just going to do the one night as I have never stayed there. I was impressed by getting this offer after what I consider small time playing. I rarely get these freebies from MGM or Caesars. In the past with identity I have only earned some food credits so this is generous to me.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 1:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

free rooms are the least expense for them.. esp if they are giving you off-peak days only (Sun-Thu).
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by izzik
free rooms are the least expense for them.. esp if they are giving you off-peak days only (Sun-Thu).
I know but I still rarely get them from mgm or Caesar & never for identity. I get plenty of reduced rate offers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.